Thank you and goodnight!

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
Well its nearly time to put this lot away for one more year so a huge thank you to all those who visisted the stand to either buy a mag, subscribe or enter the comp.

And of course a huge thank you to all those that helped me drink all the beer.

If any of you have any comments or ideas on how you think the stand would work better then please feel free to drop me a mail.

Thank you and I look forward to seeing you at the next one!.

Annapolis
Genoa
Ft Lauderdale
METS
Earls Court
ExCel
Dusseldorf
Birmingham

Richard Shead

B175Chris

Visit site
Well done Richard - although many didnt make it to the stand for whatever reason, it was a very generous offer and I'm sure it was appreciated by all!

I will see you in Birmingham, close to home so i can spend a proper day there and without the 5 hour return trip limiting my visit /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Please ensure the offer is reinstated for that show /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pinnacle

Visit site
Thank you for making the effort - I am sure it is much appreciated by all!

Look forward to seeing you ( and the beer coolers ) at EC. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BrendanS

Visit site
Richard, you might rethink the forum pm certificate. I read up on sending you a pm, for Fri/Sat/Sun, then thought nothing more of it as I was attending on Mon.

I passed the stand several times on Mon, but didn't bother to say hello to anyone as I thought the beer and cake certificates were for first 3 days, and didn't know that you would be there and beer/cake still available.

If I'd known you were on the stand all week, I'd have come and said hello, even if beer not available.

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
Fair comment but most guys who PM me said they would show on the first weekend and did not so I had loads left.

As the stand was so big a fair few felt like they could not approach so did not, I will work on that for next year.

BUT I got a lot of grief from folk saying they could not see the flag and more grief from not having any editorial on board again fair comment but we cant be there on all days!

I will try and get the balance right for London!

What I do not want is for the stand to be off limits and it seems no matter how friendly i try and make it most still think it is so any suggestions are welcome.

BrendanS

Visit site
The stand was fine, but seemed aimed at new members, which is exactly what I'd be doing if in marketing for ybw.

If you want ideas for stands in future, just ask. You'll get loads of ideas. Make it a meeting place for forumites. Beer and cake aren't a huge incentive. Meeting forumites is. Meeting moderators and ybw and ipc staff is a huge incentive.

Set a time and date for us to meet the techies guys who write the software and run the forums, and you'd have dozens of people attending on that day to discuss how to improve the forums.

Set date and time to meet the moderators, and discuss how they moderate the forums.

Set a time and date to discuss how the adverts on ybw are used to fund the forums, and how we can use that from both sides. Bring the advertisers along

Bring the boat testers along. Let them tell us how they test the boats. and tell tales.

Get the moderators and staff from ybw to turn up. Everyone here loves to meet other forumtites, and meeting the staff from ybw and ipc would be a huge pulling point if marketed. I'd love to meet the whole team, and discuss how they run the forums, and the impact we have on them.
I could write for hours on this.

B175Chris

Visit site
I agree with all brendans points completely, Time and dates would be great, I'm completely disorganised when it comes to boat shows and if nobody is on a stand i tend to carry on by...

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
Thank you....

I will discuss this with the team. I hate to say it BUT the only folk who are there 24/7 are the marketing team who to be frank know jack about any of the back ground stuff of ybw but at least we can start to pass the comments on and space permitted we can do something at future shows that will allow all to be involved.

I will make sure this happens if it kills me! DAN AND TEAM ARE YOU READING THIS??

B175Chris

Visit site
Glad to hear it Richard, you can be our new ambassador!

And it's OK, we'll petition against you being sacked for your outrageous non-conformist ways /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BrendanS

Visit site
Richard, the nice thing about forums is they carry on all year, and no hiccups about forums. If the other ybw/ipc staff won't listen to you, you just have to let us know what you are trying to implement. Let us know what, and we'll tell you whether worthwhile or not. and back you up if it's a good idea.

I appreciated the huge ywb burgee on the stand and the efforts you went to, and you should be rewarded that. Not your fault that some went to wrong stand and didn't see it! Idiots! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif or that most ybw/ipc staff don't appear on the stands regularly, but if they had to be on the stand for guaranteed hours on guaranteed days, you would pull in a lot of ybw forumites who would like to meet them.

Not jsut the moderators tho. Bring in the guys who run the databases and write the code.

It's the old fashioned people buy from people.

Your username as others have said doesn't ring true, so which ybw employee are you? You don't get a red coloured ID without being inner circle, so we can second guess as an occupation for the next month or so?

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
Hi

I dont just look after ybw.com the marketing team here consists of three of us and we look after all of the marine media titles both in print and online.

Also I wanted a green or yellow name but they would not let me!

Alistairr

Visit site
Well i can confirm on 2 occasions, i walked past the stand and were accosted by IPC staff, not for memberships, no-one asked me about them!!
It was too ask if i was Alistairr??? And when i said i was, i was given a very warm welcome, firstly Stewart_C stopped me, chatted for ages, introduced me to others and took plenty of pictures of us!! Which begs the question Stewart, what are you doing with those pics, can we see some?
Secondly much later in the day, Our very own Richard_Shead came pounding across the stand when he say me passing, and then promptly thrusted a can of Lager into my hands, and that was without any vouchers or such, even SWMBO was given a glass of Champagne. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And i had no problem spotting the forum burgee, good stand, and good nappy changing facilities, well done all.

Cheers

Al.

PS Sorry i missed you on Monday, Brendan.

StewartC

www.mby.com
One or two of those pics may be appearing in the next issue of MBM...

And Neale is very upset you failed to mention that you met him!