Thames River Conditions 2021

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
2021 updates for alerting other YBW users to Thames River conditions and other urgent information for river users.

Any registered forum user can post a message on this thread (and this thread only for reasons that will become clear) if there is a sudden change in conditions or other urgent information. With the number of people here out and about and living on the river, this has proved to be a very valuable tool.

If you want to receive alerts, click on 'Thread Tools' at the top of this thread and select 'Subscribe To This Thread' from the dropdown. Then select 'Instant Notification by Email' and then click on 'Add subscription'.

If you do this, ANY post to this thread will automatically be emailed to your registered email address. Provided you have a mobile with email capability you will then receive messages as they are posted without needing to visit the website.

Please note this thread is not for general discussion and ONLY to report river/weather conditions and other urgent information which may be helpful to river users so please, do not post here unless that is the case.

Latest EA stream warnings/status are available here:
http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk...amesconditions

Rascal Joe

www.jeffmaynard.com
Now you can have one or more widgets (updated in real time) on your smartphone and/or tablet screen showing the current conditions for selected stretches.
See my post here for full details

seasick

Visit site
Has anybody lately tried to use the canal system to get past Hammersmith bridge? Last report I saw on YBW was pretty damming regarding weeds/bloackages etc

Chris_d

Visit site
Has anybody lately tried to use the canal system to get past Hammersmith bridge? Last report I saw on YBW was pretty damming regarding weeds/bloackages etc
I've done it years ago in a 25ft sports cruiser, yes you have to clear the prop a few times so a outboard or outdrive comes in handy. Tunnel on the Regents canal and most of the bridges will defeat most Thames boats though, you need something that can get under the equivalent of Osney Bridge.

harvey38

Visit site

I booked to go under Hammersmith bridge online for the 1st July, a very simple procedure, took less than a minute to complete and a response in 20, the transit is not a 100% guaranteed, particularly given the warmer weather but I'll take my chances.

seasick

Visit site
I booked to go under Hammersmith bridge online for the 1st July, a very simple procedure, took less than a minute to complete and a response in 20, the transit is not a 100% guaranteed, particularly given the warmer weather but I'll take my chances.
Apologies for my tardy response . Thanks for that info, what site did you use please?