Thames drowning update

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
Having spoken to the Richmond Harbourmaster today ( see my stuck topic )

It transpires thet the Man drowned was found with lots of stolen credit cards on him

He and his two thieving accomplices were at the time on one of the dingies from the boat yard on the Isleworth Ait and wereup to no good but when one of them got off the dingie capsised

Your comments please ????

pheran

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Justice!

[/ QUOTE ] Hardly - unless you are truely one of the 'hang 'em for stealing a loaf of bread' brigade. I see no humour or need to glory in the untimely death of another human being, no matter what.

how did that happen - the above was meant to be in response to nordic_ranger's post, not Byron's

Steve Clayton

www.aloeland.co.uk
A human being maybe. But there are codes that as human beings we are all supposed to adhere to. One of these codes is "Thou shalt not steal". If he was out and about doing wrong, and thieving, causing grief to others, etc and God, in his wisdom, has decided this thief is better placed in His care than left to to continue doing wrong on earth then so beit.

Just a shame that God didn't want his partners in crime as well.

theforeman

Visit site
if god had the wisdom you are contending for him, surely he would be after the murderers and rapists etc rather than wasting his time with petty thieves ! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

pheran

Visit site
There was nothing about any God in my post. I'm sure you would agree that the punishment for any transgression of our 'codes' should be proportionate to the nature of the crime itself. If so, are you really suggesting that thieves, however odious, deserve to die, whether by accident or by the hand of society? Think you're wasted here - the Taliban are looking for recruits!

Jeeez - I wish it would stop raining so I could get outside

byron

RIP
Visit site
Whilst I don't really wish death upon the thief, I can't in all honesty say I lose any sleep when I find it has happened.

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
[ QUOTE ]
Whilst I don't really wish death upon the thief, I can't in all honesty say I lose any sleep when I find it has happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting comments

I would say that emotionally after any one who reads the story somwhere the thought ( it serves them right )would enter their minds as did I and I am sure most of you also.

Bieng polite some will not comment verbally or otherwise and the argument for the family of the deceaseds feelings should also be respected

others will and have commented in what might be a sardonic ( cruelly mocking manner ) and have been chastised for this on this I am not taking any sides

What I will say is that I have been a victim of criminal acts on many occasions ( I am a shop owner so am more likley to be ) and I say very strongly that these low life scum HAVE

NO
RESPECT FOR PROPERTY
RESPECT FOR THE POLICE
RESPECT FOR THEIR VICTIMS
RESPECT FOR LIVES
NO RESPECT FOR THE FAMILIES OF THEIR VICTIMS
AND NO CONCIENCE TO BOOT

totopalm

Visit site
He did'nt deserve to die, we don't the circumstances that made him into a thief, what about those he left behind
what are they going through. Look into your hearts those
who think he deserved it.What a tragic waste, for a few
credit cards

robind

Visit site
May me he had on a borrowed jacket and didn`t know that the cards were stolen? a life is a life no matter how bad that person is! only nature should provide the way out!

JKay

Visit site
Nature did!

mebbe he should have nicked an O2 card or even a Goldfish

card.....................................[--word removed--] happens

cheers Joe

reginaldon

Visit site
a life is a life no matter how bad that person is! only nature should provide the way out!
=============================================
If life is so precious, why the resistance to the death sentence for murder?

NastyMariaBird

Visit site
Reading these posts makes me ashamed to one of the contributers to these fora, The victim who drowned is now dead and has presumably left distraught relations. Ones thoughts should be with them.

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
[ QUOTE ]
The victim who drowned is now dead and has presumably left distraught relations. Ones thoughts should be with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the families left distraught for LIFE with their life sentence when their siblings are murdered and worse

and as to the drowned victim how many victims has he left behind in his wake of thefts and whatever else ?

I am sorry but chastise me if you want but I have seen too many acts of violence to many cocky denials sending two fingers up to the system and their victims too much anti social behaviour too many thieving toerags

and as to its not theiir fault they are a victim of circumstances beyond their control well we are all victims but most of us are not thieves child molesters rapists or murderers whatever our circumstances

The so called victim was on a mission to rob decent peoples property and shouldnt have been the river in a stolen boat in the first place it was his choice to be there no one made him do it

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
good point

a thief is a potential murderer when confronted pulls a knife or similar and bingo

If he was my son I would probably be so ahamed that i would top myself if I didnt have the bottle to do this I wouldnt live my life as a proud man who could say ( I can walk with men )not because of grief but from my failure to bring him up with good and proper values