Thames Clipper Stolen

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
got to be an ex employee, defy anybody will zero knowledge to be able to start a boat and just drive off, especially one of those clippers.
I think they have a full follow up joystick steering setup on the clippers so probably quite an easy boat to deal with. It might be a non follow up system I can't remember. Either way it is a joystick control in addition to wheel and manual throttles. Usually handled with the joystick for obvious reasons.

oldgit

Visit site
I think they have a full follow up joystick steering setup on the clippers so probably quite an easy boat to deal with. It might be a non follow up system I can't remember. Either way it is a joystick control in addition to wheel and manual throttles. Usually handled with the joystick for obvious reasons.

its working out how to turn the thing on, got to be some hidden master switches to power up ?

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
That's true. At 3am. Yes it must have been an ex employee who knew his way around the boat.

I was thinking it might have been idling but 3am improbable unless it had just done a charter.

It will be on the AIS replay on the myshiptracking website if the AIS was not switched off.
Also questions about how you get into the cockpit as presumably at that time the boat will be fully closed down.

It looks like one of the new ones in the photo on the ES article.

Parabordi

Visit site
A few years back a mate of mine was nearly hit by a clipper that was drifting down the river and had come untied.

Slowboat35

Visit site
Good luck with those charges. Theft requires proof that he intended to permanently deprive the owner of the goods, hardly a credible scenario with one of those things.

Burglary won't stick either as a ferryboat is not a habitation, a fundamental requirement for the offense to be burglary.

oldgit

Visit site
always fancied seeing how fast one of those could get from Tower Bridge round to the Medway.
Probably quicker than my usual 10 knots and six hours.. :)