Tell tales.

doug748

Visit site
My genoa tall tales, as applied by the sailmaker, are starting to come adrift. I had intended to poke holes with a bodkin (heated?) and put wool in place, as per dinghy practice. Maybe that could lead to problems?

Any information as to the best spot to place extra telltales to accommodate reefing positions or links to sites you have found useful or, indeed general tips - all welcome. Thanks.

The sail is off a masthead 32 ft boat, roller reefed.

neil_s

Visit site
In my experiments, stick-on ones can stick to the sail when it's rainy. Wool is best, flies well, doesn't stick in the wet, but is not so easy to get hold of these days. Acrylic is not so good - it flies OK for a while but then unravels into a small bush. I have a whole ball of acrylic wool in a drawer, somewhere .......

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
In my experiments, stick-on ones can stick to the sail when it's rainy. Wool is best, flies well, doesn't stick in the wet, but is not so easy to get hold of these days. Acrylic is not so good - it flies OK for a while but then unravels into a small bush. I have a whole ball of acrylic wool in a drawer, somewhere .......
My stick on ones are wool (I think)! I think that they came from force4.