Teedington Lock Dispersal Zone

Lower Limit 1909

Visit site
After minimal enforcement while anti-social behaviour has allowed Teddington Lock Bridge and the surrounding area to become a 'no-go zone' at times recently a 'Dispersal Zone' has now been set up for this weekend with closure of the island and beaches to the public.

YouTube Video - Teddington Lock Dispersal Zone

Probably just means the police now have the power to move the oiks downstream a few hundred yards to the other beaches between Teddington and Thames Young Mariners where they will be as undistubed by any authorities as in previous weeks. Bonfires (made using destroyed riverside branches and bushes) have become a regular occurence. Last weekend a group of teenagers swam across and nicked a kayak from a moored boat opposite Thames Young Mariners and have been seen throwing stones at passing boats / kayakers / paddle boarders / swimmers etc. again so be on your guard.

The word from some 'youngsters in the know 'is it that as Teddington Station is a 'no barrier' station this has become a popular destination for the under 25s across SW london so it's not just the usual local hooligans to contend with any more.

Time Out

Visit site
I for one look forward to tomorrow when I can sit on the boat without having to throw them off the pontoon! But yes it just kicks them down the road and along the Ham bank.

White Swan again for me tomorrow!

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
It's amazing they haven't gated Teddington station. I used to travel to school from Hampton Wick to Shepperton in the late 80s/early 90s. We got up to all sorts as the trains were quiet and so were the stations. That was before barriers came in but it doesn't seem at all tricky to put them in at Teddington.

It's interesting that this is indirectly the cause of the current problems.

I guess it's a modern social media thing.

A bit like the irritating swimmers at Medmenham below Henley. They turn up en masse and always noisy. Having been to Lechlade and back down to Egham this summer I have never seen so many swimmers as at Medmenham.

They must have forums or facebook or whatever and tell each other where is good to swim.

The council even came out to ticket vehicles parked in ferry lane because they were obstructing emergency access !

Time Out

Visit site
It's amazing they haven't gated Teddington station. I used to travel to school from Hampton Wick to Shepperton in the late 80s/early 90s. We got up to all sorts as the trains were quiet and so were the stations. That was before barriers came in but it doesn't seem at all tricky to put them in at Teddington.

It's interesting that this is indirectly the cause of the current problems.

I guess it's a modern social media thing.

A bit like the irritating swimmers at Medmenham below Henley. They turn up en masse and always noisy. Having been to Lechlade and back down to Egham this summer I have never seen so many swimmers as at Medmenham.

They must have forums or facebook or whatever and tell each other where is good to swim.

The council even came out to ticket vehicles parked in ferry lane because they were obstructing emergency access !

Well that would be interesting today as the whole of ferry rd from lights is closed due to re surfacing.

They ( pontoon owners) have managed to get about 30 off the pontoon but it’s as comical as some of the great comedies that were once Filmed at the studios.

KnotLoaded

Visit site
When we passed through Teddington at 5pm today there was at least a dozen police/pcso’s from start of moorings going upstream and 3 police officers in a inflatable in the lock going upstream
Seemed to be moving large groups of teenagers on