Tecma W.C

Chris H

Visit site
Thetford marine seem to be the people for these but they will only deal with their authorised retailers, is there a retailer that knows anything about these ?

MapisM

Visit site
I bet the problem you're having is that the discharge pump works, but no water comes in, right?
That's typical, particularly after they aren't used for some time.
If that's what happens, hit the orange valve on its side with a rubber hammer or something, right upon push of the "before" button.
Usually, one or two strikes are sufficient to bring it back to life.

Hurricane

Visit site
I bet the problem you're having is that the discharge pump works, but no water comes in, right?
If that's what happens, hit the orange valve on its side with a rubber hammer or something, right upon push of the "before" button.
Interesting
I fitted Planus toilets to replace my awful vac units.
The designers of Tecma moved to Planus and the technology is similar if not identical.
I chose to fit mine as separate parts - Toilet - water valve under the floor - and electronic box in a cupboard.
So, what you are saying is that the solenoid valves stick from time to time.
I've not had that problem but at least mine are accessible and can be "hit" easily.

MapisM

Visit site
So, what you are saying is that the solenoid valves stick from time to time.
Correct.
In my experience (2 bowls x 17 years on the previous boat, and 3 bowls x 4 years on the current one), they almost always do, after left unused for months.
Otoh, after "un-stucking" them, it's pretty rare to experience the problem again while they are used regularly.

Hurricane

Visit site
Correct.
In my experience (2 bowls x 17 years on the previous boat, and 3 bowls x 4 years on the current one), they almost always do, after left unused for months.
Otoh, after "un-stucking" them, it's pretty rare to experience the problem again while they are used regularly.
Its probably that Italian water.
The Spanish stuff seems OK.
:)

vas

Visit site
have to admit that two years running one of these but with a chinese special (as in 10euro) brass/bronze/whatever 1/2in 24V solenoid, I've never experienced a problem (except for the occasion that wife threw some stuff under the lower helm seat and manage to turn off 3 breakers - 2 fridges and toilets :rolleyes: )
Pretty sure though that mine come with a mighty clang when engaged and yours are almost silent.
quality of water also plays a role, mine are fed from the watermaker filled tank, so in theory v.soft and clean.

cheers

V.

Last edited:

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
Thetford marine seem to be the people for these but they will only deal with their authorised retailers, is there a retailer that knows anything about these ?
Chris, I used Keto Marine at Swanwick for my Tecma WCs in my last boat. Contact was Toby, 01489 583000. Seem very knowledgeable, might be worth a call.

Chris H

Visit site
Wrong !.......?
Toilets work fine but every so often one of them fills up by itself, I can hear the solenoid clicking away, so I’m assuming the touch buttons could be at fault.