Teak?

Hacker

Visit site
Yes, we’ve just used a load to lay a new deck on a Truro oyster boat. Not sure where we got it from. There was a thread on here about 6 months ago giving some info re teal, but cant remember the source.

Hacker

Visit site
I remember a thread about 2 years ago when someone mentioned Robins in Bristol plus another merchant that had salvaged some previously sunk teak. I can find the thread now. I’ve just found out that the teak we used was from a supply gifted to us by Pendennis from their offcuts (long enough for us though).

Tranona

Visit site
Robbins are expecting a shipment soon of teak from a plantation in S America. Claim it will be better than other plantation teak.

Keith 66

Visit site
I have a fair bit in stock, all bought over 30 years ago, one lot was 8 x 2's 12ft long & then there were the telephone exchange duckboards from the 1930's all made from three wide boards 1 1/2" thick & 5ft long.
Im hoping i have enough to complete the restoration of my 1905 Saunders launch.
Just to give an idea of the sizes once available, Her deck edge covering boards were one piece from the bow all the way round to the afterdeck. Cut from one board then split & mirror matched, the board must have been at least 25ft long & at least 2ft 6" wide. Be hard to find any that big today!