Tales from the coast with Robson Green

Mud

Visit site
I don't know if anyone else has been watching this ITV show (Tuesdays at 8pm), but I'm really enjoying this series. I've never been a big fan of RG & his friend Jeromes antics (& awful pop career), but they seem to have matured a lot.

Certainly worth a look, still available on catch-up.:encouragement:

Kelpie

Visit site
Just watching it on catch up- the Lewis episode.
The boat featured, Jubilee, is one that I used to skipper- fantastic piece of living history. The guys who run her are worth calling in on if you are ever on the island, they're always happy to take new people out for a wee blast.

agurney

agurney.com
Very pleasant entertainment; unfortunately, RG driving his Land rover in Pembrokeshire, looking at the camera, and taking both hands off the steering wheel, gave me the willies .. and it didn't look as though it was faked on a trailer.

NormanS

Visit site
Very pleasant entertainment; unfortunately, RG driving his Land rover in Pembrokeshire, looking at the camera, and taking both hands off the steering wheel, gave me the willies .. and it didn't look as though it was faked on a trailer.

But you have to realise that outdoor TV consists of presenters in vehicles saying, "Look at me, I can drive and talk at the same time". Try BBC Countryfile, it's even worse. And don't get me started on the overuse of time lapse filming, with the clouds flying over at a million miles an hour. Grrrrr.

Yes, nurse, I'll have that cup of tea now. :D

Daydream believer

Visit site
I don't know if anyone else has been watching this ITV show (Tuesdays at 8pm), but I'm really enjoying this series. I've never been a big fan of RG & his friend Jeromes antics (& awful pop career), but they seem to have matured a lot.

Certainly worth a look, still available on catch-up.:encouragement:

Yes
Decent light hearted presenter.
Easy listening with some interesting points

Robert Wilson

Second Coast, Ross-shire, overlooking Gruinard Bay
Visit site
But you have to realise that outdoor TV consists of presenters in vehicles saying, "Look at me, I can drive and talk at the same time". Try BBC Countryfile, it's even worse. And don't get me started on the overuse of time lapse filming, with the clouds flying over at a million miles an hour. Grrrrr.

Yes, nurse, I'll have that cup of tea now. :D

Bring me a cup too, please nurse.

Why, WHY do programme makers/camera-persons think that speeded-up shots (people walking, vehicles, planes landing etc etc) contributes anything to the point of the item?
If they haven't time for normal movement, leave it out completely. :mad-new:

No sugar in mine, please nurse. Any dark choccy digestive biccies?......

I enjoy the series with RG, but sadly missed the Hebrides one. It'll be repeated, again and again. :rolleyes:

Kelpie

Visit site
I'm not the biggest Robson Green fan, but he's far more palatable than Neil-speaks-through-gritted-teeth-Oliver any day of the week.

NormanB

Visit site
I think Robson Green really brings enthusiasm to all that he does and comes across a genuine grounded chap (in media interviews). I find Neil Oliver a very, pleasant, interesting and authoritive presenter - would not want to go on the piss with him though.

Mud

Visit site
Why, WHY do programme makers/camera-persons think that speeded-up shots (people walking, vehicles, planes landing etc etc) contributes anything to the point of the item?
If they haven't time for normal movement, leave it out completely. :mad-new:

I advise you to not watch "The Lake District- A wild year" on BBC2. Around 95% of footage is speeded up! Some of it with that toy town out of focus effect.