supplies

ccscott49

Visit site
I admit, one of the things I miss living away from the UK, is supplies of the things I love, tea, mushy peas?, and other such things. However most things are beggining to be available, even at a reasonabl;e price. I've found, PG tips, baked beans, branston pickle, mango chutney, HP sauce, english bacon, pork pies (made locally in lagos!) plus many others, I even found frozen english bread in a french supermarket chain in portugal! Why anybody would want it is beyond me! One thing I haven't yet found, which I have sent to me,mushy peas, Custard!! but I'm sure there is an equivalent and one other, suet, but again probably because I dont know what its called in portugese. Any other liveaboards out there, with similar views or cravings? We could arrange for shipments!!! I will try and get PaulineB who may visit to bring some for me, birds custard!! I will stock up in Gib with a lot of this stuff, before heading to the Baleares, so if there is anybody there who wants some stuff, let me know and I'll deliver! You'll have to wait until may of course!!

ccscott49

Visit site
I do most of single handed, but get help from the occasional girlfriend and friends who come out from yuk sometimes, but most of the time on my own, divorced, no kids how do you think I can afford a 57' boat and the lifestyle? Plus I have no car to worry about, just a 500 BSA, I lift on and off with one of my poles. Sometimes get lonely, but not for long!!!

AndrewB

Visit site
Cider.

Its hard to guess what's going to be available. I stocked high with Branston pickle, marmite and marmalade, only to find all three available everywhere. Custard? Not for me thanks, but decent thick cream is all but unobtainable outside NW Europe.

Cider - virtually unobtainable elsewhere (exceptions are North Spain, Canada, Australia, I don't count the French rubbish. The tinned UK stuff travels best). I became Mr Popularity in the WI with this, a refreshing alternative to cold beer. There just has to be market opportunity.

ccscott49

Visit site
Re: Cider.

Cider, love it, but it attacks my legs and turns me into a chauvanistic bear! I only drink one or two! Its available, (Scrumpy jack & Strongbow) in tins at Intermarche, in Lagos and any other Intermarche supermarkets around the med! Its even cheaper than UK! Great ice cold on the after deck watching the sun come up!!!

PaulH

Visit site
Mr Scott,

How is the Varnish on Englander? Still using Varnol?

If you take a regular set of peas and cook and cook them they eventually go mushy, add some ham for authenticity.

Do you know who I am?