Sunseeker Mustang (Gel coat colour)

OceanRipples

Visit site
Does anyone know the RAL or BS colour code for the ‘white’ gel coat of a Sunseeker Mustang? Or, do you think Sunseeker would know and respond to an enquiry given it’s a 1990 boat? -> I’m keen to fix some crazing in the gel coat and repaint, cut and polish the topside. If anyone has any insight to share I’d be super grateful!

Elessar

Visit site
Does anyone know the RAL or BS colour code for the ‘white’ gel coat of a Sunseeker Mustang? Or, do you think Sunseeker would know and respond to an enquiry given it’s a 1990 boat? -> I’m keen to fix some crazing in the gel coat and repaint, cut and polish the topside. If anyone has any insight to share I’d be super grateful!
Irrelevant. It will have faded. Different amounts on different parts of the boat.
A good grp man will polish an area next to the repair, mix the gelcoat on there adding bits of pigment until it is invisible, then clean it back off.

OceanRipples

Visit site
Irrelevant. It will have faded. Different amounts on different parts of the boat.
A good grp man will polish an area next to the repair, mix the gelcoat on there adding bits of pigment until it is invisible, then clean it back off.
Thank you, it’s a good point, albeit I think it would still be best to start with the original colour even if adding pigment so we are closer at the start. Does anyone know a good GRP man in Dorset? Ideally Bournemouth/Poole area.

Elessar

Visit site
Thank you, it’s a good point, albeit I think it would still be best to start with the original colour even if adding pigment so we are closer at the start. Does anyone know a good GRP man in Dorset? Ideally Bournemouth/Poole area.
Paul Shotton the guy I use would know where to start. Sadly he’s so busy he wouldn’t consider travelling from Southampton. Sorry that’s no help at all!!

ST840

Visit site
Paul Shotton the guy I use would know where to start. Sadly he’s so busy he wouldn’t consider travelling from Southampton. Sorry that’s no help at all!!
I have some Grp star grazing that needs repairing. The guy on the Itchen that I used for a bow thruster tunnel repair last year is proving impossible to get hold of. Would you mind PM'ing me Paul's number?

OceanRipples

Visit site
Hello, on reflection this isn’t a particularly urgent job so I wondered if you might be kind enough to share Paul’s contact details maybe it’s a job he can schedule with me in the future? Thanks!