Suez blocked.

Kukri

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
Visit site
She’s fully laden and well sued up out of her draft forward. This could be very tricky.

Pity it’s Evergreen and not CMA CGM.

There is no justice.

I particularly like this detail:

5937F23B-F048-4BD6-9AF1-C13842D0E302.png

Someone will write to the Times to say that it’s all a plot to put freight rates up.

Last edited:

Capt Popeye

Visit site
She’s fully laden and well sued up out of her draft forward. This could be very tricky.

There is no justice.

View attachment 112012

Someone will write to the Times to say that it’s all a plot to put freight rates up.

Nah, more likely that its a Plot to encourage more trade to a Western EU country, they need it, more that we need them !

burgundyben

Visit site

There is no justice.

View attachment 112012

Seems to be a digger/ship size mismatch!

scruff

Visit site
Bloody newcomer captain coming to sailing - they don't even seem to know how to warp out a tight spot. I recon they probably jumped on the band waggon after watching you tube and thinking it was easy.

capnsensible

www.herculessailing.com

There is no justice.

View attachment 112012

Just imagine if it had been a warship! :eek::eek::eek::eek::)

Gary Fox

N/A
Visit site
That thought did occur to me. Blow the bottom out and the canal could be closed for quite a while, which would mess up trade between Europe and the Middle and Far East a bit. I'm sure Iran has already considered the possibilities.
We don't know yet if the Evergreen ship has been hijacked and deliberately run aground by agents working for S.P.E.C.T.R.E. or what is their ransome demand.
M is briefing James Bond as we speak; the official line is that the grounding of the 100,000 ton vessel was caused by a gust of wind. A likely story.