Stream radio stations from all over the world

newtothis

Visit site
Just scanned back 12,000 miles and 30-odd years to the student radio station I used to work at.
Nothing has changed.

JumbleDuck

Visit site
Internet radio is fab. My favourite is KDFC, a classical station run by the University of Southern California which

(a) unlike Radio 3 doesn't have a succession of posh people wittering on about how personally affected they are by the music and fawning over Red Priest (it's always bloody Red Priest) and

(b) unlike Classic FM plays interesting and varied work and not only the hum-along movements of the André Rieu playlist ... all side-and-a-half of it.

Also very, very little opera, thank God. And minimal talk, though they do regularly ask you to donate your old car to them, which is how they raise a lot of their funds.

And ... relax.

Bilgediver

Visit site
From this cool website, bit like google earth for radio stations. Revisit those funky stations you listened to in your favourite ports from that long ago cruise :)

Listen to live Black River radio on Radio Garden

Very handy resource . Can't find VOI in Hanoi :) I remember all those years ago how every crew member who had bought one of those newfangled transistor radios could not wait to get into range of VOA Hanoi as we travelled between Japan and Singapore. Nothing to hear westbound till we got into range of Springbok radio. and surprisingly if heading for the Suez Canal we could get Radio Luxembourg not long after entering the Red Sea. These were real ships going to places far off the beaten track.

VOA Hanoi as in "Good Morning Vietnam" and yes the other VOA stations were exactly as portrayed and of no interest in those days.