Strange shoe thief?

Ningaloo

Northern summers on Primal otherwise Perth WA
yacht-primal.com
I am a cruising live-aboard, currently in Gosport Marina.
On Friday night I left my "shore" shoes under the sprayhood. In the morning ONE was missing. Searched everywhere but not found. My crew put it down to a seagull but I was sceptical.
Last night I carefully took everything out of the cockpit and left my brand new "boat" shoes below, tucked behind the companionway steps. This morning one is missing!

Somewhat shamefaced, I reported this weird theft to the marina, more to find our if I was alone in this than anything else. They suggested foxes which I have seen around the car park. But my freeboard is quite high (my 5' crew needs a fender step to get on board) and I'm still sceptical.

At least they took the right shoe on Friday and the left last night so I do have a usable but mismatched pair!

If anyone comes across my shoes in the Gosport area, I'd love to have them back!

Rappey

Visit site
I bought a pair of rigger boots. They were muddy so left them in garden under a lean to.
Next day one has vanished and the other was eaten. Bloody foxes.
We had an internal "discussion" about who kept leaving the utility room door open and not closing the freezer door. Everyone denied it.
Turned out our cat has got very good at opening doors and then the badger could get in an open the freezer.

Sandyman

Visit site
Gosport you say ............humteehum ....................reminds me of a battery theft there many years ago.

laika

Visit site
They suggested foxes which I have seen around the car park. But my freeboard is quite high (my 5' crew needs a fender step to get on board) and I'm still sceptical.

I would have suggested foxes. When I was in Royal Clarence we had one get on board a couple of times. Freeboard on an Oceanlord would be challenging to the average 5-footer too but apparently not for Reynard. Foxes do seem to be fond of stealing shoes. My parents have discovered single shoes in their garden on several occasions (although I doubt the average fox would be catching the bus all the way to Fareham with its loot so probably not *your* shoes).

PlanB

Visit site
I've long been fascinated by the fact that there is always one shoe, never two, lying around in the road or the gutter, or anywhere else for that matter.

Seastoke

Visit site
I am a cruising live-aboard, currently in Gosport Marina.
On Friday night I left my "shore" shoes under the sprayhood. In the morning ONE was missing. Searched everywhere but not found. My crew put it down to a seagull but I was sceptical.
Last night I carefully took everything out of the cockpit and left my brand new "boat" shoes below, tucked behind the companionway steps. This morning one is missing!

Somewhat shamefaced, I reported this weird theft to the marina, more to find our if I was alone in this than anything else. They suggested foxes which I have seen around the car park. But my freeboard is quite high (my 5' crew needs a fender step to get on board) and I'm still sceptical.

At least they took the right shoe on Friday and the left last night so I do have a usable but mismatched pair!

If anyone comes across my shoes in the Gosport area, I'd love to have them back!
If you can get one of them to talk ask them , how would they like it if the boot was on the other foot.