Straining rides

P4Paul

Visit site
Not ridden for the best part of ten days, still feeling under the weather and work is just off the scale at the moment. If I am honest, I just want to get the ride over and done with as it will be one less thing to worry about. :)

Not as fit or as in shape as I intended to be but I am feeling capable of making the distance at a leisurely sub 10mph pace.

rafiki_

Visit site
Not ridden for the best part of ten days, still feeling under the weather and work is just off the scale at the moment. If I am honest, I just want to get the ride over and done with as it will be one less thing to worry about. :)

Not as fit or as in shape as I intended to be but I am feeling capable of making the distance at a leisurely sub 10mph pace.
Paul, I'm sure you will be fine. My fitness is probably about OK, but I still have a back ache issue to manage. Doc has suggested stronger pain killers, which I will try over the weekend, but I probably will only ride 2 more times before the 6th.

fireball

Visit site

yer - don't worry about it - it's not a race and they'll save you a beer ;) Think of it more as a moving pub crawl .... nothing to worry about on those! :D
I'm just sorry I can't be there with all of you ... :(

z1ppy

Visit site
rode last night for the first time in 10 days (aside from a couple of spin classes) and boy did i suffer, went out a bit fast doing the first 10 miles in 30 mins and felt awful at 25 miles. got home in 2 hours 5 for 36 miles but feeling pretty rough. last 10 miles were through the rain, i really hope its sunny and not windy on 6th June!

rafiki_

Visit site
rode last night for the first time in 10 days (aside from a couple of spin classes) and boy did i suffer, went out a bit fast doing the first 10 miles in 30 mins and felt awful at 25 miles. got home in 2 hours 5 for 36 miles but feeling pretty rough. last 10 miles were through the rain, i really hope its sunny and not windy on 6th June!

The long range for the 6th looks surprisingly good, 20 ish. Riding 70 odd miles into a wet headwind is not a comfortable thought :(

rafiki_

Visit site
Well, that's the final serious straining ride. 39 with a very blustery breeze to contend with. 2 stops to ease the back, and 15 ace speed. A chastening thought that this is just over half distance for next Saturday! Glass of wine will ease some of the pain now. Will probably do a short ride Tuesday and that's it, prep completed.