Steering consol for 270 airdeck

Spirit (of Glenans)

Visit site
Can't see the need for a console steering position on an inflatable boat that size , as visibility will not be compromised at the tiller at any speed. The point of a console on bigger ribs is to raise the driver's point of view above the bow which would otherwise be out of sight at speed. Sitting up high on a 2.70m dinghy might also involve stability issues.

Zing

Visit site
I’ll eat my hat if there exists one on such a small dinghy. Now there’s a challenge for you Google users.

Bigguns21

Visit site
I've seen
Can't see the need for a console steering position on an inflatable boat that size , as visibility will not be compromised at the tiller at any speed. The point of a console on bigger ribs is to raise the driver's point of view above the bow which would otherwise be out of sight at speed. Sitting up high on a 2.70m dinghy might also involve stability issues.

I've seen plenty of purpose build 2.7m ribs, with centre consols, if that's the case then why do they make them?

Bigguns21

Visit site
There's loads of small boats around with consols, I've pretty much found what I'm after, just all separate, was only after it as a kit cheers guys

DownWest

Visit site
We see a little inflatable cruising past on the Charente, usually above the 5kt limit and it is very short and has a consul. The other peeps are crowded about the consul and look a bit uncomfortable; But that doesn't seem to affect the 'driver' happy in his world. I doubt it is much over 2.70.. If..

Bigguns21

Visit site
Your showing a photo of a rib not an airdeck. Its a completely different solution
The floor are different obviously, but your saying its pointless because of the length? So I showed you a boat 200mm longer then mine with that on? Either way, I wasn't asking to be told not to do it, I'm asking if someone has seen a kit for it, if you haven't then don't comment, simple!
FYI there's a ton of sites showing you how to attach the frame to a piece of marine ply, like I said, I know how to do it, just need the kit

fredrussell

Visit site
I imagine kits are hard to find as there’s lots of different options in regards to wheel type, engine controls, instrumentation and so on. Not too hard to source the parts individually surely? I think some of the posts above understood you to be attempting to attach a console to an inflatable floor.

geem

Visit site
The floor are different obviously, but your saying its pointless because of the length? So I showed you a boat 200mm longer then mine with that on? Either way, I wasn't asking to be told not to do it, I'm asking if someone has seen a kit for it, if you haven't then don't comment, simple!
FYI there's a ton of sites showing you how to attach the frame to a piece of marine ply, like I said, I know how to do it, just need the kit
So if you want a kit for an airdeck why post a photo of a rib with a totally different solution? I wasnt telling you not to do it. I was pointing out that it is a totally different solution.
About 30 years ago Avon used to sell soft floor dinghies with a steering console. The console fitted to the tubeLs on either side not to the floor. If the floor is flexible in any way, the steering wheel will bounce up and down. Why dont you just build your?