Staying the night on board your boat

dj43

Visit site
Getting a touch anxious to get to my boat now, it's a 8hr round trip, that I could do in a day, but knowing it's going to take me a good day to get it clean ,not looking forward to the drive home after .
Suppose could stick my fishing rod over the side ? , our marina are still stating no overnights, but there are live a boards still on there boats in the marina, so what's the difference,

BruceK

Visit site
, our marina are still stating no overnights, but there are live a boards still on there boats in the marina, so what's the difference,

Well the difference is that is their residence and not yours. I suppose it comes down to facilities like washrooms and showers. The part I dont really get is why you cant anchor out overnight.

Richard.C

Visit site
Feel your pain, I ended up spending the money for a clean and polish to be done by a professional so when we went down for the day on Saturday we managed to have a fairly relaxing 6 hours on board before making the drive back to Lincoln.

Richard.C

Visit site
I personally feel it is one of the rules that should be relaxed sooner than later, It's is okay for people like DJ43 and I to travel 4 hours each way to our boats but it's not okay to sleep overnight when I am not going to be in contact with anyone? Doesn't really make any sense when the act of travelling to my boat is probably the most risky.

dj43

Visit site
Feel your pain, I ended up spending the money for a clean and polish to be done by a professional so when we went down for the day on Saturday we managed to have a fairly relaxing 6 hours on board before making the drive back to Lincoln.

Considered that , but having seen some of the work the so called professionals turn out local to where our boat is , I would rather leave it mucky, one of the drawbacks keeping the boat where it is , lack of good professional trades, is a problem, have bucket and sponge and they become a professional valeter :)
I should add that as we have not left our premises other than a couple of times in the last 10 weeks ,we are not likely to be bending the rules now, just a little frustrating not being able to stay overnight when our boat is completely self contained

Richard.C

Visit site
Yeah, I used one based in Lymington a few years back and decided to do it myself after that, not a good experience. Not really much choice this year (used Marine Valeting Services this time and happy with their work), boat has been lifted, antifouled, hull polished and all superstructure cleaned and polished without me. Not being there for lift out and relaunch is a first for me so Saturday was my first visit since re-launch, I was certainly a little anxious to make sure everything was okay.

Firefly625

Visit site
would never disobey lockdown rules, however having worked throughout and (harder than I have ever worked in my life) we are finally un-furloughing staff and for the first time in months I am dreaming of getting to my boat, casting off and pootling off into the sunset for a couple of weeks.

But my best guesstimate is 1st July for overnighting.

Its going to be a long month....

Scubadoo

Visit site
Based on what I have seen in places like Newtown Creek, quite a few boaters seem to be ignoring the no overnight rule. But saying that can't see what harm it is doing in complete isolation.

paradave

Visit site
I don’t really see the issue for a boat in a marina either. We’re going down to ours. Using the facilities and then returning the next morning and using facilities again etc. Maybe it’s to just try and keep the absolute numbers down a little initially but it’s certainly a little unfair on those who live a long distance away.

STEVEDUNSTABLE

sites.google.com
would never disobey lockdown rules, however having worked throughout and (harder than I have ever worked in my life) we are finally un-furloughing staff and for the first time in months I am dreaming of getting to my boat, casting off and pootling off into the sunset for a couple of weeks.

But my best guesstimate is 1st July for overnighting.

Its going to be a long month....
WOT YOU SED James !!!!.........but starting to get VERY impatient as im more alone onboard than anywhere else !!!!!

Solent Sailor

Visit site
The police have been very vocal in critiscing the government's approach; today's media has made it quite clear that the view from some parts of the police is that the lockdown (such as remains) is unenforceable. They clearly don't want to be the scapegoats for any public ill-feeling.

The Solent has been pretty busy with overnighters from what I've seen. None of them are doing any harm - not that that is legal question, but it is the moral one.

dj43

Visit site
Yeah, I used one based in Lymington a few years back and decided to do it myself after that, not a good experience. Not really much choice this year (used Marine Valeting Services this time and happy with their work), boat has been lifted, antifouled, hull polished and all superstructure cleaned and polished without me. Not being there for lift out and relaunch is a first for me so Saturday was my first visit since re-launch, I was certainly a little anxious to make sure everything was okay.
Hope everything was OK , we were aweighting a lift out before the lock down as we had a boat run in the back of us when we were in the marina, useless surveyor held up the repairs since last year, could have been on the hard now and all the repairs complete, going to end up not being able to use our boat even when I can stay overnight

Richard.C

Visit site
Hope everything was OK , we were aweighting a lift out before the lock down as we had a boat run in the back of us when we were in the marina, useless surveyor held up the repairs since last year, could have been on the hard now and all the repairs complete, going to end up not being able to use our boat even when I can stay overnight

That really sucks, I hope the damage isn't too bad and it's a quick repair.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
The police have been very vocal in critiscing the government's approach; today's media has made it quite clear that the view from some parts of the police is that the lockdown (such as remains) is unenforceable. They clearly don't want to be the scapegoats for any public ill-feeling.

The Solent has been pretty busy with overnighters from what I've seen. None of them are doing any harm - not that that is legal question, but it is the moral one.

It should not be about Policing…… People should not be disobeying the rules in this regard...… Those that do are Putting peoples lives at risk and being incredibly selfish... Putting their leisure activity above peoples lives