St Vaast

bedouin

Visit site
As the tides look fair for St Vaast for the first time for years I was thinking of heading there on Friday. Anyone else considering the stop?

Sailfree

Visit site
As the tides look fair for St Vaast for the first time for years I was thinking of heading there on Friday. Anyone else considering the stop?

I want to go but what is the earliest we can leave St Vaast on Saturday to go with the tide to Cherbourg.

I need to buy beer & wine for the (hopefully) good weather wine & nibbles pontoon gathering on the sat afternoon.

No almanac in office!

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
I want to go but what is the earliest we can leave St Vaast on Saturday to go with the tide to Cherbourg.

I need to buy beer & wine for the (hopefully) good weather wine & nibbles pontoon gathering on the sat afternoon.

No almanac in office!

Very roughly the tide runs East for about the first two hours of the gate opening then it turns West. Gate opens Saturday morning at 05:44 French time and closes at 10:16.

bedouin

Visit site
It is a good weekend for St Vaast as you can leave at a reasonable time in the morning and get to Cherbourg for lunch.

The problem being that one evening is not really enough to do justice to St Vaast.

St Vaast was of course the destination of the first cross channel cruise under the PBO/Scuttlebutt banner, but I suspect only one other person remembers that :)

Other threads that may be of interest