Squadron 78 For Sale

MJGH

Visit site
See a Squadron 78 has just come up for sale on Boats.co.uk
Looking at the pictures which includes an internal stairs to the fly bridge.
Could this be MATCH owned by a much missed forumite?

Bouba

Visit site
See a Squadron 78 has just come up for sale on Boats.co.uk
Looking at the pictures which includes an internal stairs to the fly bridge.
Could this be MATCH owned by a much missed forumite?
Can you give us a link

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
Yeah, he's seen the light and is selling it to buy an Itama. Those choppy days in the SofF are too much for anything else.

Jokes aside JFM will never buy an Itama, as he seemed never interested for an sport yachts, even the most comfortable ones.
It will be interesting what he goes for, seeing Fairline does not do the size he was interested back when he was here, which was 80-90 feet.

Bouba

Visit site
Jokes aside JFM will never buy an Itama, as he seemed never interested for an sport yachts, even the most comfortable ones.
It will be interesting what he goes for, seeing Fairline does not do the size he was interested back when he was here, which was 80-90 feet.
That’s interesting...because I was going to ask if he’s downsizing or upsizing....and you say the answer is up....he’s a lucky man??

Portofino

Visit site
LLL determines what ticket you need to helm it .Clever use of bolts on nose cones and bathing platforms means builders tend to top out circa 92 ft with written down 23.99 M LLL .So you can drive it yourself.
Over that you are into pro crew or take more skipper tickets - Extra hassle ?

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
LLL determines what ticket you need to helm it .Clever use of bolts on nose cones and bathing platforms means builders tend to top out circa 92 ft with written down 23.99 M LLL .So you can drive it yourself.
Over that you are into pro crew or take more skipper tickets - Extra hassle ?

In 2012 Ferretti produced the 960 and Azimut Grande 95, which changed this.
Nowadays we are running LOAs of 100 feet, and load lines at 80 feet to allow YM of 23.9 or below to helm it.
Ferretti 1000, new Sunseeker 100 Yacht, Wally Why200, new Riva 102 Corsaro, and both Princess X95 and upcoming Y95, Sanlorenzo SL96A and so on so forth.....

dunedin

Visit site
That’s interesting...because I was going to ask if he’s downsizing or upsizing....and you say the answer is up....he’s a lucky man??
This is a different world for me (and indeed most of us on here), but at what point does going bigger be a disadvantage - as limits access to the smaller and more intimate harbours and anchorages?
Certainly with our flappy saily boat we specifically chose a high spec 38 footer over a cheaper to buy new 45 footer - largely because in many places we wanted to visit in Atlantic France, The Baltic and Scotland the number of places where the bigger boat would fit comfortably (and without orebooking) was more limited.

Bouba

Visit site
This is a different world for me (and indeed most of us on here), but at what point does going bigger be a disadvantage - as limits access to the smaller and more intimate harbours and anchorages?
Certainly with our flappy saily boat we specifically chose a high spec 38 footer over a cheaper to buy new 45 footer - largely because in many places we wanted to visit in Atlantic France, The Baltic and Scotland the number of places where the bigger boat would fit comfortably (and without orebooking) was more limited.
If you look at the pictures in the add...one of them shows how incredibly close he parked next to the rocks...my boat is a fraction of the size and I wouldn’t go that close...the answer isn’t how big the boat...but how brave the captain

dunedin

Visit site
If you look at the pictures in the add...one of them shows how incredibly close he parked next to the rocks...my boat is a fraction of the size and I wouldn’t go that close...the answer isn’t how big the boat...but how brave the captain
Except that in places like the Baltic with box moorings, you have to be narrow enough to fit between the posts - and 3.8m beam was too wide for many/most. And many finger berths in W France we’re about 6-8m long- so anything over 12m long wouldnt fit.
Clearly other places and other harbours have bigger spaces, But must limit things?

Bouba

Visit site
Except that in places like the Baltic with box moorings, you have to be narrow enough to fit between the posts - and 3.8m beam was too wide for many/most. And many finger berths in W France we’re about 6-8m long- so anything over 12m long wouldnt fit.
Clearly other places and other harbours have bigger spaces, But must limit things?
Yes that’s true....on the positive side, the bigger the boat, the bigger the tender and the better way of launching the tender...plus more room for stabilization...so when it’s crowded in port, even when they are turning away small boats, life on a big boat at anchor is still better...