Southampton Boat Show 2021 Covid test to enter regardless of Vaccination status

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
2 tests, 1 before leaving their own country and another in the UK within 2 days of arrival. Unless it’s changed yet again. And new rules to be announced on Thursday.

You don't have to take the 'day 2' test when you will in in the country <48 hrs.
Again, first hand experience. (well, my son earlier this month)

longjohnsilver

Visit site
You don't have to take the 'day 2' test when you will in in the country <48 hrs.
Again, first hand experience. (well, my son earlier this month)
I stand corrected.
I hadn’t considered someone spending less than 48 hours in the country. So you’re saying that no one from abroad will be able to enter the show because they can’t register any test on the NHS app? There must be a way around it, but certainly not shown in the terms issued by the organisers.

Bilgediver

Visit site
Yes, they will have obtained a test ABROAD to be allowed into the UK.
However just one flaw, PCR or LFT tests taken abroad are not recognised by the NHS app (which SIBS seems to exclusively rely on).
Don't ask me how I know this.

I am not sure it recognises us furriners north of the border either!!!!!!!

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
So you’re saying that no one from abroad will be able to enter the show because they can’t register any test on the NHS app?

That is exactly what I'm saying (ever since post #9).
The NHS (and their app) is entirely residency based.

I had planned to travel over on the Caen-Portsmouth ferry - vaccination certificate and negative PCR test to hand.
Arriving in the UK late afternoon/early evening.
Attend SIBS the folliwing day.
Taking the morning ferry back to France the day after.
Thereby spending <48 hours in Britain - so avoiding the 'day 2' test.

This extra LFT/NHS app requirement effectively means I can not attend.

Last edited:

longjohnsilver

Visit site

I had planned to travel over on the Caen-Portsmouth ferry - vaccination certificate and negative PCR test to hand.
Arriving in the UK late afternoon/early evening.
Attend SIBS the folliwing day.
Taking the morning ferry back to France the day after.
Thereby spending <48 hours in Britain - so avoiding the 'day 2' test.

This extra LFT/NHS app requirement effectively means I can not attend.
Have you contacted the organisers for their thoughts on how you can attend?

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Have you contacted the organisers for their thoughts on how you can attend?

Oddly enough, I have. Or rather, I tried.
There's a phone number for enquiries.
Called that and 3 people played pass the parcel before the call was disconnected.
There is another option open to me, I could try writing.
For some reason, there's no e-mail address to handle enquiries.

Contact us | Southampton International Boat Show

JumbleDuck

Visit site
Doesn't matter. You don't need the app, because the text message or email they send you to confirm the result will do just as well.
0mrUst0.png

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Doesn't matter. You don't need the app, because the text message or email they send you to confirm the result will do just as well.
0mrUst0.png
If he’s not registered with the NHS can he log his result onto the system? Same applies to any non resident who wants to attend.

lustyd

Visit site
If he’s not registered with the NHS can he log his result onto the system? Same applies to any non resident who wants to attend.
No, you can't enter a test result without a valid postcode and a bunch of other detailed personal information, I just tried.

Ehecatl

Visit site
From the Boat show website
"To gain entry to the show this year, all visitors will be required to provide evidence of a negative NHS lateral flow test (LFT) taken within the 48 hours prior to arrival at the show. This applies to all visitors, regardless of vaccination and immunity status.
Once you have conducted your NHS lateral flow test (LFT) within 48 hours of your attendance, you must log your negative result via the gov.uk website here.
You will then receive a text message, email or notification on the NHS app which you will need to present to the team on entry to the show."
Keeping you safe - Southampton International Boat Show
I know 3 potential attendees plus me that won't bother as a result of this. This will prove to be very expensive for the show and the exhibitors

Hermit

Visit site
Sounds great to me. Will be quiet and the stands will be offering discounts as not many people there. I just wish I was rich enough to pay for Sainsbury's to shut to others while I was shopping...;):whistle:

INT QRK

Visit site
Sounds great to me. Will be quiet and the stands will be offering discounts as not many people there. I just wish I was rich enough to pay for Sainsbury's to shut to others while I was shopping...;):whistle:

Enjoy it, at this rate it won't be there for you to so do next year.

capnsensible

www.herculessailing.com
Might be that when people realise the moaney old fuss pots won't be there, others will arrive in droves. They will recognise they won't get stuck in a queue behind someone arguing about the quality of laces in some deck shoes, the exact chemical composition of hull polish or how the makers of some electronic equipment have clearly got it all wrong.

Never mind discounts, the poor sods on the stands should have a boat show surcharge. ?

Other threads that may be of interest