Southampton Boat Show 2021 Covid test to enter regardless of Vaccination status

MikeB.

Visit site
From the Boat show website
"To gain entry to the show this year, all visitors will be required to provide evidence of a negative NHS lateral flow test (LFT) taken within the 48 hours prior to arrival at the show. This applies to all visitors, regardless of vaccination and immunity status.
Once you have conducted your NHS lateral flow test (LFT) within 48 hours of your attendance, you must log your negative result via the gov.uk website here.
You will then receive a text message, email or notification on the NHS app which you will need to present to the team on entry to the show."
Keeping you safe - Southampton International Boat Show

Bobc

Visit site
From the Boat show website
"To gain entry to the show this year, all visitors will be required to provide evidence of a negative NHS lateral flow test (LFT) taken within the 48 hours prior to arrival at the show. This applies to all visitors, regardless of vaccination and immunity status.
Once you have conducted your NHS lateral flow test (LFT) within 48 hours of your attendance, you must log your negative result via the gov.uk website here.
You will then receive a text message, email or notification on the NHS app which you will need to present to the team on entry to the show."
Keeping you safe - Southampton International Boat Show
Doesn't seem un-reasonable to me. If you can't be arsed to go and get a test to prove that you don't have covid, then why should they let you in.

dk

Visit site
Doesn't seem un-reasonable to me. If you can't be arsed to go and get a test to prove that you don't have covid, then why should they let you in.
Problem is it's the fender kickers that spend the money on food, drink etc and they're the ones who won't be bothered to do a test methinks. Might make it more pleasant to wander round though!

longjohnsilver

Visit site
You don’t have to go anywhere for the test, you can do it at home and then register the result on the NHS website.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Obviously haven't realised that you can just open the LFT, get the code, pretend you've done it, log the negative result on the app and job done.
Yes, but what’s the point? The test takes seconds to do and you get your result within about 10 minutes.

But no doubt some will do as you describe.

Boathook

Visit site
Obviously haven't realised that you can just open the LFT, get the code, pretend you've done it, log the negative result on the app and job done.
As far as I could see having done a LFT at home, you could have a positive result but still fill the results in as negative. Who's to know, as after the test you bin the used kit. Whether you feel guilty about doing this is something else.

Bobc

Visit site
Were I in the country at the time, I would actually be more likely to go, knowing that nobody in there is carrying the virus around with them.

prv

Visit site
Were I in the country at the time, I would actually be more likely to go, knowing that nobody in there is carrying the virus around with them.

Apart from those who’ve decided for some swivel-eyed reason to go to the slight effort of getting a test kit (fill in a form online and have it through your letterbox next day, or pick up free from many pharmacies) but then not take the final step of actually using it. Or worse, getting a positive result and then lying about it.

Pete

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Having just returned from Finistère and had the barrage of tests, non. Not unless you have substantial amounts of dosh and are looking to spend it in the UK.

I've been double jabbed.
Yet, I need a PCR test (<72 hours) before I can get on the ferry.
Then I need a LFT before I'm allowed into SIBS.
And when I return to France, another PCR test (<72 hours) before I can get on the ferry...

I'm buying shares in the companies manufacturing PCR and LFT tests.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
I've been double jabbed.
Yet, I need a PCR test (<72 hours) before I can get on the ferry.
Then I need a LFT before I'm allowed into SIBS.
And when I return to France, another PCR test (<72 hours) before I can get on the ferry...

I'm buying shares in the companies manufacturing PCR and LFT tests.
I don’t think you need a test to enter France if you’re fully vaccinated.

Other threads that may be of interest