South Devon Pub Meets 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbcoomer

www.swfbr.org.uk
Hi All,

Apologies, I have been a bit lapse with getting meets organised during the later part of 2012! I have to admit that I've had a lot on and coupled with a miserable summer for boating, this has slipped a bit!

Sheppy is looking to seek out those of you interested in a cruise in company to the Channel Islands sometime toward the end of the summer, so we felt it was good time to resurrect the pub meets - not just for those wanting to do the CI run, but any local boating enthusiasts. :)

So that I don't leave it too late to announce (and allow chance for those who travel down to their boats to plan), we thought it would be better to pencil in a few dates in advance. Fridays seem a good day for those with 'holiday boats' who might weekend in South Devon, so I've reverted to the original plan of the second Friday of every month and with a view to move around the area a little.

Thus we have:-

Friday January 11th from 19:00hrs - Venue: Shoreline, Paignton (on sea front)
Friday February 8th - Venue/time as above
Friday March 8th from 19:00hrs - Venue: Harvester, Beacon Quay, Torquay
Friday April 12th from 19:00/19:30 hrs - Venue: Old Market House, Brixham
Friday May 10th - amended from Dartmouth (no venues suggested and lower ferry out of service) to Topsham! So, from 7:30pm The Lighter Inn, Topsham Quay *** CANCELLED *** (Please see thread below)
Friday Sept 6th from 19:00hrs - Venue: Harvester, Beacon Quay, Torquay
Friday October 18th from 19:00hrs - Venue: Shoreline, Paignton (on sea front)

Please feel free to post/PM comments, suggestions etc or call me on 07711 291953 (weekends or anytime after 6 better as little signal at work!)

Look forward to meeting more of you in 2013! :D

Regards

Robin

Last edited:

Jurgen

Visit site
Hi Robin,

depending on what you want and the numbers expected I would suggest the Old Market House opposite the Golden Hind for Brixham.

Good food and very safe and social.

The other would be The Hole in The Wall, a pretty small pub and a bit spit n sawdust but really welcoming staff and regulars (it's my local when in Brixham)

Alternative venue for Torquay is The Offshore, again nice food and a good selection of drinks (also quite convenient for the Marina for me lol).

Looking forward to meeting up with more Riviera based forumites!

rbcoomer

www.swfbr.org.uk
Just over a week away...!

Well, dates now fast approaching!

Happy New Year to all. :D

Thanks for suggestions Andy - I confess to knowing all those watering holes... :eek: Lets go with the Old Market House for April and I'll speak to them nearer the time when we have an idea of numbers etc. Sheppy is sorting Shoreline as soon as we know numbers...

Everyone welcome to any/all events, please let us know numbers by posting here or by PM and we'll reserve some tables at the venues. Also, an idea if you want to order food to we can give a heads up on numbers to the venues!

Many thanks and look forward to meeting/seeing you all again (please delete as appropriate! ;) )

Best regards,

Robin

countvonc

Visit site
Hi Robin,

depending on what you want and the numbers expected I would suggest the Old Market House opposite the Golden Hind for Brixham.

Good food and very safe and social.

The other would be The Hole in The Wall, a pretty small pub and a bit spit n sawdust but really welcoming staff and regulars (it's my local when in Brixham)

Alternative venue for Torquay is The Offshore, again nice food and a good selection of drinks (also quite convenient for the Marina for me lol).

Looking forward to meeting up with more Riviera based forumites!

+1 for the Old Market House in Brixham. Hope to see you on the 12th April (!)

2_rollocks

Visit site
Hi All,

Apologies, I have been a bit lapse with getting meets organised during the later part of 2012! I have to admit that I've had a lot on and coupled with a miserable summer for boating, this has slipped a bit!

Sheppy is looking to seek out those of you interested in a cruise in company to the Channel Islands sometime toward the end of the summer, so we felt it was good time to resurrect the pub meets - not just for those wanting to do the CI run, but any local boating enthusiasts. :)

So that I don't leave it too late to announce (and allow chance for those who travel down to their boats to plan), we thought it would be better to pencil in a few dates in advance. Fridays seem a good day for those with 'holiday boats' who might weekend in South Devon, so I've reverted to the original plan of the second Friday of every month and with a view to move around the area a little.

Thus we have:-

Friday January 11th from 19:00hrs - Venue: Shoreline, Paignton (on sea front)
Friday February 8th - Venue/time as above
Friday March 8th - Torquay (Venue: Harvester, Beacon Quay, Torquay)
Friday April 12th - Brixham (Venue T.B.A. - Suggestions?)
Friday May 10th - Dartmouth (Venue T.B.A. - Suggestions?)

I will post a reminder nearer the time for each event and aim to get an idea of numbers so we can reserve some tables as required.

Please feel free to post/PM comments, suggestions etc or call me on 07711 291953 (weekends or anytime after 6 better as little signal at work!)

Look forward to meeting more of you in 2013! :D

Regards

Robin

+1 for Paignton. Will see if I can drag the old man, Longjohnsliver along too!

rbcoomer

www.swfbr.org.uk
Good point!

Will fill you in on Friday, btw where is the shoreline?

Hi Andy,

It's in the middle of Paignton seafront adjoining the Apollo Complex. It's essentially the bit that protrudes over the walkway/beach on the seaward side. There's pay & display parking all along the front, which I think might be free after 6pm? Sheppy will know as he's been to the venue recently - I'll ask him today and confirm...

Mobile number if anyone needs to call is 07711 291953. Signal is a bit hit 'n' miss at work however so please leave message if it goes to voicemail - I'll check throughout the day...

See you all tonight. :)

Best regards,

Robin

rbcoomer

www.swfbr.org.uk
Hi ProperJob,

No particular agenda - anything you like to to discuss really... Mostly boat related obviously :D A couple are looking to do a run to Channel Islands, so that's likely to be a topic, but too soon for me as current boat's too small!

Look forward to meeting you if you can make it - Dennis is based on the Exe, John the Dart & I'm anywhere (trailered!)

Best regards,

Robin

rbcoomer

www.swfbr.org.uk
Good point - it was quiet in there last time and we were the busy table, but there were a few of us so please feel free to call me on mobile when you get there. I'm about 5'11" short dark hair & specs, John's 6'6" with a beard so we should stand out! Mobile: 07711 291953

rbcoomer

www.swfbr.org.uk
Quick reminder!

Pub meet this Friday - Old Market House, Brixham. For anyone who doesn't know, it's by the statue of the Prince of Orange!

If anyone needs a lift over from Torquay, please let me know by PM before Friday! (On a first come basis as I don't have a mini-bus :))

Best regards,

Robin

rbcoomer

www.swfbr.org.uk
As yet no venue suggestions for Dartmouth and as the lower ferry is currently out of service, Topsham has been suggested as an alternative!

Thus new venue added - The Lighter Inn at Topsham Quay on Friday 10th May from 7:30pm. As always, everyone welcome - please reply here or via PM so we have an idea of numbers and I'll post here on the night too.

Cheers,

Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Other threads that may be of interest