South Devon Meet - Good Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbcoomer

www.swfbr.org.uk
Hi All,

Anyone up for a pub meet in the Evening of Good Friday (April 6th)? Perhaps somewhere waterside? Torquay?

I was due to arrange something for March, but various events conspired to prevent... apologies! :eek:

Usual format - post here or PM. All welcome. :D

Best regards,

Robin

Sheppy

Visit site
Sure, I'll definitely be up for that. Post the venue when you've decided but what about the Pavilion in Torquay by the harbour?
John

markcw

www.youtube.com
If you can make it in torquay near the harbour some where im in and not too late, as we have have to bring the kids,:( sorry no way i can leave them with any one,

Would be nice to meet some new fellow boaters, especially if they have big boats;), there round then thats awfully nice of them. :D

markcw

www.youtube.com
Hi rb, harvester sounds good to me love the place and the food,:D especialy as it my birthday today so a meal might be on the books for us.

will try and get back to you later tonight to confirm, the only issue for us it the amount of traffic heading down the m5 tomorrow for bank holiday will be mad:(

mark

ps sorry for late reply

whisper

Visit site
Oh what a swizz!

Unfortunately have to be in K'b Sat a.m. otherwise would have come round by boat and stayed overnight. Mind you it would have been a bit parky if the forecast is to be believed.

Have to wait 'til Summer now. Good idea to have them waterside when the weather warms up.

Have a nice evening.

markcw

www.youtube.com
Have done an early morning bristol airport run this morning for parrents 5.50 and the m5 south was very very busy, we may be around the area later if traffic allows might go to trago to entertain the kids, i have to say harvester is a perfect location for us as well, so we may see you later, if not will catch up again on next meeting, and hopefully will be when im off shift at weekends.

Have a nice easter weekend everyone, im back on shift sunday for 4 days:(:(

markl

enterprise

Visit site
Sorry, could have made it this time but forgot computer in the rush to pack the car and head south (hence no contact), will definitely try harder next time.
Harvester would be good on many accounts, kid friendly (although we dont have any) and reasonably priced, (+no driving if there anyway).

In good weather there's even a terrace, so good venue for many reasons.

Will be around over the next Bank Holiday if anyone can make it (Fri - Mon), so will be online at some stage for updates early on the Friday Morning.

Hope the weather warms up for then, we tried the boat jumble in Plymouth on Easter Sunday, good day down at QAB, (nice new facilities BTW) but cold out of the sun, Bitter wind, hope thats gone for next time.

rbcoomer

www.swfbr.org.uk
Hi Enterprise,

Sorry we missed you - just Sheppy & myself this time around, but we has a good old yarn anyway and it was nice to be looking out on marina.

I'm certainly up for the holiday weekend - will put up a new post and see who's 'in' :D Friday's probably good from past feedback so will suggest Friday 4th May at Harvester on Beacon Quay :)

With any luck the weather will be great too and might wave to you out on the water at some stage over the weekend too!

Best regards,

Robin

enterprise

Visit site
No problem Robin, count us in for the 4th, Just Me & Other half, Will be around from Thursday evening as traveling to Torquay (187M) late works better for us, will keep posted beforehand.
See you then

Status
Not open for further replies.