Some post-event thoughts and information.

tome

www.google.co.uk
Ok here's the crack next year.

We'll give Nick and Ken a well deserved rest, and I'll take the helm for this event. I'm going recruit Cutter as Shore Captain provided he leaves the violent strides behind.

The venue will probably change (to St Vaast?) to add a little variety and spice.

There will be spaces for a max of 20 boats and 60 persons.

Priority bookings will be given to those forumites who have already attended at least 1 event. Anyone who failed to communicate their non-attendance this or previous years will join the waiting list.

Otherwise it's first come first served, and we'll be collecting deposits 2 weeks before the event.

Brilliant work by Nick and Ken over the past 3 years, but no more Mr Nice Guy.

Tome Whiplash (Julie at weekends)

tome

www.google.co.uk
We had a great sail also thanks to Becky and Richard who knocked on our hull to rouse our crew. Cherbourg to Weymouth 10 hours 3 minutes, then on to Cowes yesterday in 6 hours 40 mins.

bedouin

Visit site
I'd like to add my thanks to Nick and Ken for organising 3 such memorable events.

Thanks also for those who are offering to take on the organisation of it next year

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
Great news Tom, thanks for your prompt action - one volunteer is worth 10 pressed men !

I would also like to thank Chris Enstone and Zefender for offering their services, by PM.

Its great that we have so many willing volunteers.

I will provide as much information and guidance as and when you request. Tell me to keep my nose out if I offer too much!

flyingjunior

ex SV Marabu now based in Cowes refitting GMIV
Visit site
I would also like to offer my thanks to Nick and Ken for organising the rallys (although I have only been on two out of the three). Really enjoy my self and it was nice to see some of the crowd I met last year (sorry I didnt reconise you Goodge) and I think the same can be said for Dralex (he was still off line on monday) and Julian off super nova.
We had quite a long sail back of 20hrs with the wind trying to come onto our nose(compared to the outward trip of 15hrs) and got in round about 4am Monday morning.
Thanks again and Tom good luck for next year.

Jeremy_W

Visit site
Congratulations on your new post. Like Twister-less Ken you'll have to arrive at the French port by a variety of unusual means. Sailing your own yacht is so passe.

DeeGee

Visit site
Hey, don't take it to St Vaast. It may make little difference for the UK participants, but we have only just (6pm Thursday 29th) got back. The same winds which gave you such a great trip back have been a bit different for us !! Will post something later..... But if we had had to decide whether to go to St Vaast, we would have probably decided not to. Next year....????