Some boring photos of our first trip out

sb99

Visit site
First trip out into the Channel last weekend. Great experience, cant wait to get out again.

Lets hope this part of forum gets well used.

DSC00089.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

sarabande

Visit site
I see you nearly rammed that disguised Irish submarine again... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

graham

Visit site
We may have seen you,eldest son and I walked around Nells Point At about 5PM give or take an hour?

Spotted a boat that could have been you off Whitmore Bay.

LizzyD

Visit site
I never find anyone's photos boring. If you like boats and the sea, then they're always interesting. It's a shame that PBO doesn't feature our area more often. I began to think that all boat owners lived in Poole!

If we go out this weekend, I'll try and take some piccys too. Maybe I'll get one or two of Bev geting undressed. OUCH! Just got slapped!

Lizzy D

sb99

Visit site
We were ther about 4.30pm

This is what we sail in

DSCF0058.jpg

Will definately get over to Burnham once I get used to this sailing larky.

Look forward to your pictures lizzy d

Mike_S

Visit site
Blimey, we were moored up alongside each other then on the weekend, both in the barrage and mermaid quay ! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

It was also our first trip out in the channel this weekend after 5 weeks of bobbing around the bay plucking up courage (or should that be practicing mooring up) to go for the barrage. Saturday was just a rip up to Barry (surprising how quickly we got there) and Sunday was a trip round Flat Holm with a couple of friends, followed by an hour at anchor off the Knap. Headed back in then for a well deserved starbucks and an ice cream from mermaid quay. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

One of our photos from Sunday.

9384ee6ac582e22cb914605353cbce87.jpg

sb99

Visit site
Thanks solitaire11. I still have a few outstanding jobs, but find it difficult not to go out once we’re down there. We’ll get there in the end.

It’s a small boating world Mike. I’m amazed at how many forum members we have come across just in Penarth. After our outing in the channel on Saturday we went over to Mermaid Quay for a meal. When coming towards the pontoon to moor up Davido another helpful forum member was waving to me.
With my present experience, whilst at the helm I am unable to multitask so didn’t wave back. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif David was very understanding and assisted me in. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

We’ll look out for you all on our next outing.

Steve

Mike_S

Visit site
Sounds like me, I need to concentrate on what I'm doing *a lot* when mooring up at the moment. I think you were coming out of the marina as we were filling up with fuel on Saturday (again, another first for us as I normally take jerry cans down to CBYC where she's moored up) so we were in the barrage together. We're in a green & white Regal 2150, name of Whi-Ski-N-Water (there's another green & white same as ours as we discovered on Sunday) so if you see us then wave. We've not met any other forum members in the bay yet though !

LizzyD

Visit site
Mike S,

I'll watch out for you. Lizzy D emblazoned on blue dodgers at the stern. Boat is a Nantucket Clipper (two masted yawl). b See you on the wet stuff.

Lizzy D (Mike F)

sb99

Visit site
Looks like we'll be giving up on Watchet this weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Never mind I'm sure we've got a glorious summer ahead of us /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif