SOL's Global Challenge 2012-2013

Dipper

Visit site
Is anybody else having trouble accessing SOL? I had trouble logging in last night and can't get in again this morning. I hope my autopilot is still working.

sarabande

Visit site
hmm, looks as if the DNS is broken for that link. There are going to be a lot of people undertaking unguided tacks towards the Falklands and ending up with picnics.

Never mind, we could be like the real Vendée, and be bashing into fishing boats and navigation buoys. :eek:

Dipper

Visit site
Thanks Sarabande. I kept hitting refresh and I think that all I was doing was refreshing the page that told me the site was down.

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
Makes no odds to me, I've spent the last 48 hours or so in my own private hole in the wind watching everybody to the East and West sail away from me!

Martin_J

Visit site
Investigation ongoing.

SOL admins will update via Facebook with investigation progress. I will pass on the updates here (unless others read it on Facebook first).

Dipper

Visit site
Reading the chat yesterday, it seems that some people are able to access the race when we can't. How do they do that? Someone mentioned using Google Chrome.

Pye_End

Visit site
Reading the chat yesterday, it seems that some people are able to access the race when we can't. How do they do that? Someone mentioned using Google Chrome.

Just tried Firefox and Chrome - neither can log on, so don't worry about downloading it and trying it!

Dipper

Visit site
Thanks. I use Firefox but I hadn't tried Chrome. I don't like the way Chrome seems to be attached to other programs and tries to download at every available opportunity. Too aggressive marketing for my liking.

Martin_J

Visit site
All back online again.

You will find that that the boats positions froze for over five hours.. although the weather has continued to tick along from this mornings 10:30 update.

Next weather expected 22:30.

Dipper

Visit site
Congratulations to Martin and Trev. I got Boobied at the finish so well done to Spyro (grits teeth and tries to smile).

I'm glad I'm not anchored in the committee boat out there. It looks a bit uncomfortable.