Solent Area - Experience and Photography

dp01

Visit site
Hi all,

First post but I've been a frequent reader of the forum over the last couple of months.

I have a competent crew course booked in for November (couldn't do anything sooner because of a conflict in scheduling) but I would love to head out in the Solent for a couple of days beforehand to get some experience. I'm based in Portsmouth and in my late 30s.

I'm also an amateur photographer, and while I have photographed sailing from the shore (and on the rare occasion from a fishing boat) I would love to try my hand at photography while on-board a sailboat.

So, if you want some active lifestyle photos (or just snaps of your yacht) for the wall at home then I'm more than happy to do them in exchange for some experience on the water. If you know anyone that might be interested then please forward them a link to the post.

Thanks for reading. Direct message me if you're interested or with any questions.

Cheers, Dave

Judithsails

Visit site
The yacht club based in Gosport (Haslar) Phoenix Yacht Club will have crew spaces for members later in the spring. It is not profit making, operating on a non-commercial basis. But couldn’t be more local for you!

dp01

Visit site
You might also contact the Haslar yacht club for those who have boats at Haslar marina . I guess speaking to the Haslar team might elicit info but at the moment it’s all in lockdown unless a liveabord .
Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, I don't expect too much to happen at the moment. Hopefully once we're in a better situation (whenever that is) I can get out on the water, get some experience and start taking some photos.

ashtead

Visit site
Mr Beken took a lovely photo of our last boat but we haven’t seen him on our new boat. There might be a market to be had of taking a few pictures for the Haslar owners at their next rally.

dp01

Visit site
Mr Beken took a lovely photo of our last boat but we haven’t seen him on our new boat. There might be a market to be had of taking a few pictures for the Haslar owners at their next rally.
Thanks for your reply. Feel free to touch base if you want some photos of your new boat - more than happy to do them for you. Same for anybody else.