SOL Leg 7

Spyro

Visit site
Think I'll be making up the numbers this leg. I'm off real sailing for a week from next Sun so I'll be pointing at Lisbon and hoping for the best.

YBW_Booby_Trapper

BrendanS

Visit site
I pointed mine last night, and went off sightseeing. Came back this evening and I've performed a beautiful loop! Literally spent the day going around in a circle!

Martin_J

Visit site
I'm finding it hard now to improve on this position now.. It was the first few days that made a difference.. Setting a course and sticking to it whilst many others went this way and that trying to line up with the likes of 76T, ITA etc...

I did like the way that 76T and I managed to go from #2 and #3... to #1 and #2 over the last few days though :)

It's not over yet.. still got a patch of light winds ahead... I seem to remember coming #2 overall a couple of legs ago behind NACRR... This #1 spot is elusive!

Martin_J

Visit site
Caught up with 76T by a few hours going through that flukey wind... need to keep looking at the overlaid polar and keep max speed going in the right direction.. to get you through the light winds in minimal time.

mjm

Martin_J

Visit site
I seem to remember losing out to 76T just over a week ago after I overslept and went too far south... took a slow curve northwards then.. I was also surprised by the amount we got away from the fleet.. Happens in real life as well!

Was wondering whether to just 'cruise' the next leg.. so don't follow.. but thinking now that I could try and improve.. hmm..

Thinking of hmm... Have you checked out his website.. yacht tracking and compare looks great (although doesn't work on my IE browser).

Good luck with to the finish...

Alistairr

Visit site
You could cruise, cause you have won the overall YBW league, but I think we'd all prefer it if you didn't and try to improve by one place. As far as I am aware, no YBW boat has had an overall win. YOU CAN DO IT.

Well done.

Al.

Martin_J

Visit site
Started studying the winds already.. but they're changing every day, just like our weekend weather forecast for here!

Remember - next leg will not be direct to Lorient but via the Portuguese island of Sao Miguel...