So who is going to St Vaast on Thursday then?

boatmike

Visit site
Seems like the winds are going to be light and from the west on Thursday, in fact all the sites I looked at seemed to suggest very little wind for the whole week end. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hope we dont get the dreaded fog.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anyway, Peregrine, with 4 on board (including Talbot and SWMBO) will be leaving Yarmouth about 0500 bound for St Vaast aiming to get there before the gates close. If we dally on the way we will park on the putty outside overnight and see you all in the morning. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
Metcheck are making some rather unconvincing noises about the remains of Hurricane Florence heading for Europe, if that helps?

Hope to see you in St Vaast (I'll be the fat, beardy bloke on StugeronSteve's "Two J's"). We're aiming for the 2.00 am gate, so if you're on the putty, and you can hear a bunch of foul-mouthed malcontents in the distance, discussing the merits of tomato soup and floating winch handles, that'll be us.

waterbuffalo

Visit site
We will be there Thursday afternoon, all been well,

Departing from Langstone harbour about 0200hrs hoping to make it by 1700. (just before the gate closes.)

We shall be aboard Karis a weterly konsort.

duncan

Visit site
now look jhr lack of wind will make a pleasant change...........so pleasant that if the forecast stays put I am now looking to get over! Couldn't join a sensible boat for the trip as I can't get to Poole until Sat morning, didnt want to use the ferry as it would be embarassing all round to bump into Ken......... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

However it's only a forecast at the moment!

boatmike

Visit site
It was suggested on another thread that souisant-neuf (69) may be spookily appropriate...... It is an approved intership channel...... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Becky

Visit site
Cornish Maid is leaving very early Thursday morning, to arrive in St V close to opening time of the gates, so I can go shopping.

There will just be me & him. Hope it isn't too cold during the night. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

tome

www.google.co.uk
Amaya planning to leave Thursday 5 am and will head straight for Cherbourg and waddle around Friday morning unless we reckon to make the afternoon lock St Vaast. The boys like a beer on arrival and don't fancy the idea of hanging off a hook watching the world inside quenching their thirst

We're dragging an acre of weed and haven't had time to visit the barbers so not expecting to break any records. However, we have the new space age game-boy instrument fit (chartplotters, AIS, new radar) so plenty to keep us amused on our ponderous journey

4 EBBs on board, looking forward to the weekend

Visit site
Becky we have two crew members on bord that want to have a quick look around the shops, Shona & Sarhar, if you like we can have a crew swap for a couple of hours, we take care of Richard and look at some brown bottle shops.
Patrick

duncan

Visit site
well as more than just the planets come into allignment it increasingly likely that Phaeton will make the trip but I can't leave Poole until late morning Sat unfortunately so St Vaast is out /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

hastily looking around for my darts to while away Sat afternoon (evening/night) with Tom's crowd........... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

bedouin

Visit site
We're still probable for St Vaast, but it will depend on fair winds.

Has anyone contacted Fuschias to see if eating their is a genuine possibility?

Visit site
fridays starting to make a late run in the race for the best strength/direction as of 12:50 Tuesday. Looks like I could be motoring for a good time of my crossing, (bxgger) yesterday it was looking good for my time slot. Bloody forcasts there as about reliable as the weather

bedouin

Visit site
I am always cautious about planning times according to weather forecasts this far ahead. My experience is that while on the whole the forecasters will be right about what happens, they may be significantly wrong about when it happens.

Sailfree

Visit site
I hope to leave between 21.00 to 23.00 Thursday, hang off hook at St Vaast for some kip if we arrive early for pm lock on Friday.

WARNING - last month in St Vaast saw a couple of collisions and ALL boats being swept into the harbour SIDEWAYS for the 1st 30min after lock gate opening. I do not remember it being so bad previous years. Suspect either delayed lock gate opening or high gate leakage during low water.

Able to be witness for one UK boat that got T boned by a French boat going sideways while UK boat was steming the tide and stationary over the ground. French boat insists UK boat in the wrong as engine was going and they were in forward gear at time of collision hence making way. Anyone care to venture an opinion on the rights and wrongs?