so where can we visit?

Birdseye

Visit site
Cardiff Bay opens next week so SWMBO and myself can go out sailing. Question is - where can we sail to? Not thinking of distance since I cant imagine plod stopping me as I cross the English / Welsh border mid Bristol channel. More to the point, where can we sail into and stop overnight?

Is Portishead accepting visitors? Combe? Swansea? Or is it a case of anchor off?

rgsmg53

Visit site
I'm a berth-holder at Portishead and my understanding is that only live-aboard residents are allowed to sleep there overnight. But it would be worth giving them a ring as things seem to changing all the time. Certainly, during English Lock-down they refused everyone access to the marina unless they were live-aboards.

At least the lock is now being operated again but the implication is for day sails only.

graham

Visit site
The lock at portishead was out of action a few days ago .probably fixed now but worth a phone call.

oldmanofthehills

Visit site
I'm a berth-holder at Portishead and my understanding is that only live-aboard residents are allowed to sleep there overnight. But it would be worth giving them a ring as things seem to changing all the time. Certainly, during English Lock-down they refused everyone access to the marina unless they were live-aboards.

At least the lock is now being operated again but the implication is for day sails only.

I hope they fix lock as need to get out sunday morning to get to Uphill. Our cornish boatyard said no overnight due to regs and I doubt Portzed would say otherwise. Still the Siren was selling take away beer so life still worth living

mil1194

www.myitmatters.com
We’re in Swansea and now allowed out without booking the locks. The story is that you have to be back in on the same day (But let them know if you’re not going to be ?‍♂️) but you cannot sleep on board until the 13th July. We’ve been out a few times for a few hours at a time but It was practice as the boat is new to me this year. I know that Ilfracombe is accepting guests from today/tomorrow so I think it’s all getting much easier.

01_Anna

Visit site
We had lovely stay in Oxwich Bay and a barbeque on the beach (BIG THANK YOU to all our friends); also moored in Swansea -no problem, just be aware there are only toilet facilities available, showers are closed.
On the way towards the west of Bristol Channel -I will post updates of facilities.
Fair winds everyone!