So what are we all up to then ?

PacketRat

Visit site
JAC was never an option for me with work commitments, and my target has always been crossing the pond. I'm half way through preparations, now. Meantime, world war three broke out on the domestic front. Me bird thinks this is pointless and suicidal and told me to sling me 'ook a month ago. Perseverance will win out in the end. So, my sympathies to Jake, but isn't that what Jester is all about - a challenge to achieve something beyond our normal reach? It's not going to be all plain sailing, is it?

PacketRat

Visit site
"Gerra berra one" /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif - I've got enough on my hands getting into this deep water sailing lark! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Robin

Jake

N/A
www.jkcartoons.co.uk
Hi Packet rat!

You're right! Jester is all about pushing ourselves beyond the normal cruising range, and doing something a bit extraordinary. For me, the Pond will be my cruising Everest, so I will be going on that! Someone once said to me 'I don't want to go into a rest-home saying 'I wish I'd...' and for me the challenge is in doing the trip in a relatively humble craft.

My other half is also dead against it, saying it's dangerous, but then if something is easy then it's not really a 'challenge' is it!

I hope I can catch up with as many of you as possible at Plymouth. If anyone is taking a video camera with them, could I put a marker down for some of the footage? (Roger Taylors film of his UK circumnavigation was awesome.) I had planned to make a film of my own, but that will have to wait. Incidentally, I was experimenting with gimballed camera mounts. A fixed camera makes everything seem so .....flat!

How I envy you that first, ice cold beer on arrival.

Fair winds, guys and gals - however you look at it, it's a very long way!

PacketRat

Visit site
Spot on Jake. It's been on my list of things to do for 40 years! Sorry I can't get down to Plymouth, but to all of you: many congratulations and best wishes for the event.
Robin.

Pye_End

Visit site
Your storm boards look very colourful. Waterline didn't look too bad so presume when I saw her you hadn't filled her up.

Any chance of a picky of the inside once all is on board?

Good luck to all.

Visit site
Be careful who you address that comment to ducks, its a strange world out there!
But are you really sure that there is not just one 'teeny-weeny' job left? No, in that case could you get yourself up to Scarborough as I could do with some help!
Anyone out there want a good dose of 'Foul-pest'? Somebody gave it to me 1 1/2 weeks ago and it is playing havock with my preparation and enthusiasm for this Jester thing. It's free to a good home (or even a bad one) but is definately non returnable. I never saw any reports from the 'Proper' sailors about this sort of setback so perhaps this is a new challange for 2008, or I am just a wimp!!
Perhaps I need a nice sea cruise.