So much for 60 40

PetiteFleur

Visit site
I've used road diesel for several years as my boatyard stopped selling red to leisure boats due to paperwork. When filling up the car getting 10l at the same time. Local garage was selling diesel at £1.02/l & got the divi!

Scubadoo

Visit site
Helping a pal on his boat on the Hamble (at a distance!) noticed the advertised visitor price for diesel at Port Hamble is 125. Went home, picked up some cans went to ASDA and got 20 litres of white at 108. What’s going on? I don’t really want to use road diesel with it’s Fame content but that’s a heck of a difference.

Fyi, I filled up there last week and it was 0.84p with mdl berth holder discount.

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com
On the topic of using road diesel and the FAME content, I do think it’s rather a red herring. Virtually all of the EU uses white diesel, the same as road fuel with the standard FAME of content of whatever % local rules call for. Not seen vast numbers of boat engines suddenly ceasing to function. Nor has mine, running on the same fuel for 11 years now, no diesel bug, no disintegrating engine seals, no perished pipes.
FAME by the way is a fancy name for vegetable oil, slightly treated, not bio ethanol which is what is added to petrol.