So its 12%

Chris_d

Visit site
Blimey, I presently pay £336 so that will be £472 after 3 years a 40% increase.
I read they say you can now pay in installments which is at least an improvement, be interesting to see if you have to pay interest though.

nickcred

Visit site
Hi Guys

there is a post on the motor boat forum on this also. I have posted asking they view the posts on this forum (hopefully expand the number of people who are will to make some noise about these increases. I am happy to pay for my hobby but anything thats is proceeded by marine or boat seems to be a green light to increase the price or overcharge because obviously if you can afford a boat you are loaded. This is true of not just of the EA to be fair but also Chandleries and other associated services, parts suppliers etc.

They all claim to want more river users whilst managing to scare many of my friends off the idea.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Quote from EA statement:
[ QUOTE ]
Every penny of the £3.5 million we currently receive from boat registration fees is used to benefit the rivers we care for. We are also using the increased Defra Grant in Aid to provide the improvements that boaters tell us they want.

[/ QUOTE ]

The bold letters are my emphasis, but it raises an interesting question.
How have the boaters wishes been communicated/recognised? I am not aware of any formal review or feedback procedure. Does anyone here know how this might have come about? Is it possibly information gleaned from the ATYC and River User Groups? How representaive is the information?

byron

RIP
Visit site
Talk about spin...
“At present the taxpayer foots £70% of the bill for works on the rivers, while boaters – the people who benefit the most – pay just 30% nationally.

Since when have boaters out numbered Anglers who also pay a goodly chunk. Then there's all the other people who enjoy the Rivers. Walkers, Picnickers, birdwatchers to name but 3. Of course the taxpayer foots 70% of the bill. They don't want their towns flooded.

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Talk about spin...
“At present the taxpayer foots £70% of the bill for works on the rivers, while boaters – the people who benefit the most – pay just 30% nationally.

Since when have boaters out numbered Anglers who also pay a goodly chunk. Then there's all the other people who enjoy the Rivers. Walkers, Picnickers, birdwatchers to name but 3. Of course the taxpayer foots 70% of the bill. They don't want their towns flooded.

[/ QUOTE ]

And since when have boaters in general not been taxpayers. This government has form on announcing money as "new" or "additional" money multiple times for the same sum.

Other threads that may be of interest