Sneek in Holland.

johnalison

Visit site
Yes. We spent a night anchored there some years ago with a draft of 1.5m in company with a fin keel Sadler 32 draft 6'. It was shallow but manageable. The lake is more than 4.2m wide. Nice place, and I seem to remember the town was pleasant too. It's not my favourite canal, being fairly commercial, and we usually go from/to Harlingen, but it can be fun. Lemmer is jolly on a fine evening too.

BoyBlue49

Visit site
I have sailed the Princes Margriet canal many times, in and around Sneek. The Sneekermeer is a wide expanse of water at least 2.2m deep as I can confirm, however it does get shallower towards the edges, the canal runs through the middle of it. Sneek, Leewaarden and Dokkum are worth a visit., my favourites in that area are Hoorne and Enkhuizen. Hope you have a good trip.

johnalison

Visit site
We have always raced through Leeuwarden, just spending the odd night there, but last summer we stayed for a couple of nights and enjoyed the place greatly. There is a lively feel to the place, with losts of cafes, of course, and many interesting shops. A cheese shop was especially good, and vacuumed some of the real stuff for us to take as presents. The organ in the big church dates from 1720s and sounded magnificent. Dokkum is lovely, but much quieter.