Smallest boat to Baltimore?

steve yates

Visit site
I read a blog account of a jester Baltimore challenge recently where the author mentioned a 12ft boat entered! What kind was it! And what have been the other smallest boats? In fact, what's the smallest boatsthat have entered. For the Azores and Newport ones?
Thx, steve

Gargleblaster

Visit site
The smallest boat to complete the Jester Challenge would be Rory Macdougall in his Wharram 21, 'Cooking Fat', The smallest monohull would be Pete Hill in 'Swanti' a Kingfisher 22, junk rigged.
The smallest boat to complete the Jester Azores Challenge would be Gus Davidson in a Kingfisher 20, can't remember the name.

olam

Visit site
Andy 's boat Krill moored behind us at Newton Ferrers last year while we waited out an Easterly gale.
I liked it that he carries no raft but does ship a full pirate outfit.
My wife was quite taken with him.
It is a very small boat.

Attachments

• IMG_1437.JPG
    IMG_1437.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 80

ScallywagII

Visit site
The smallest boat to complete the Jester Challenge would be Rory Macdougall in his Wharram 21, 'Cooking Fat', The smallest monohull would be Pete Hill in 'Swanti' a Kingfisher 22, junk rigged.
The smallest boat to complete the Jester Azores Challenge would be Gus Davidson in a Kingfisher 20, can't remember the name.
And also in 2016 Olivier Delebecque in 20' Godot completed the Azores challenge and return to Plymouth and made good passages each way.

I used to think that T23+ ScallywagII was too small for offshore work until I saw Acroc Australis in the Queensland museum. She measures just under 12'. Skipper/builder Serge Testa wrote a book "500 days" about his circumnavigation. I think he still holds the record.

lampshuk

Visit site
Here's a rather poor picture of Krill at the start of JBC2019. Going like the clappers in what must have been filling-loosening chop.
As usual the photo doesn't do justice to the conditions.

1601023858702.png