Slowest Passage Time

Mark-1

Visit site
Was I the slowest?
60nm A - B 70nm - on log 12Hr 20
Ave 5.67 knots
which for LinR is PDG!

It's possible we had the slowest passage time but we deffo had the best steaming hot Bacon and Egg Butties. I know which I value more!

duncan

Visit site
It's possible we had the slowest passage time but we deffo had the best steaming hot Bacon and Egg Butties. I know which I value more!

there's a theme here - I suspect we had the quickest passage but catering was a small flapjack and a can of coke on arrival!

I'm still not sure where we passed LinR as, on the time given, it should have been clear of Durlston but the only yachts we saw were well inshore of the 'straight line', and looked to have come round from the West. Strange.

ONOH it was definitely the worst sea conditions we encountered in that area so we might well have passed close.

fireball

Visit site
Our passage seemed quite quick - we were doing 7-8 knots through the water most of the time - sometimes up into the 9's and hit 10.2 at one point - but we were bashing a bit of West bound tide - especially about 10 miles south of the Nab - and so our average SOG was just 7 knots over 77Nm from Cherbourg to West Pole (11 hours from dropping lines)

Chrissie

Visit site
I guess we had the slowest passage time, 15 and a half hours but we were the smallest boat, muchroom risotto on the way over and tuna pasta neapolitan on the way back, chocolate mouse for pud, I also managed to get some knitting done!

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
I wondered what all that red rope was for.

bear3.jpg

;);)

mirror image

Visit site
I just thought it was some sort of initiation ceremony. I just assumed other first timers were being trussed up like a chicken as well.

Strange that by the time I had gnawed through the rope we had docked.