Slow boats from Studland

bedouin

Visit site
Rather depends on the weather forecast, but I think it can be a good idea. In a smaller boat I reckon every hour saved in the morning is (a) another hour's sleep before setting off and (b) an hour shorter crossing.

Also leaving from a buoy is a lot less hassle that leaving a permanent berth.

Certainly one of the options I am considering is to leave Chi Marina on Thurs evening and pick up a buoy near the harbour entrance

colhel

Visit site
Rather depends on the weather forecast, but I think it can be a good idea.

well if the prevailing wind takes place it would be a slightly better point of sail. But Swanage would be better, but a bit further to go on Thursday evening. Would the overfalls off Peveril Ledge cause much of an issue on a Neap tide? Thinking if we have to hug the coast for a while before catching the wind.

duncan

Visit site
well if the prevailing wind takes place it would be a slightly better point of sail. But Swanage would be better, but a bit further to go on Thursday evening. Would the overfalls off Peveril Ledge cause much of an issue on a Neap tide? Thinking if we have to hug the coast for a while before catching the wind.

Peveril is very much a tidal overfall, and pretty benign on neaps.

What it costs you on Thursaday you gain on Friday - I know I am stating the obvious but if the principle is sound....

Swanage has more pubs too :)

Leaves a nice short sub 60 miles run to Cherbourg