Skipper wanted to deliver a Beneteau First 345 from Croatia to Italy

DangerousPirate

Visit site
Hello,
I need an experienced skipper to deliver that boat roughly about this or next month. Its out of season so no one expects a same day delivery but it should be a relatively short sail. You would start in Split, Croatia, and your destination would be Trieste in Italy. Its about 275nm.

If youre up for the Job please send me a PM and we can discuss this further.

Regards,
DangerousPirate

DangerousPirate

Visit site
The two week quarantine required after delivery might well discourage any UK residents. :(

Richard
I am sure that you dont have to quarantine yourself as a professional on a job, unless you spend time with the locals or something, you stay isolated on the boat. It seems like you know your way around croatian waters. Please, if you reconsider Id love to hear from you.

Baggywrinkle

Ammersee, Bavaria / Adriatic & Free to roam Europe
Visit site
Did most of that trip delivering my own boat in 2011 - but only as far as Pula in Croatia and it took me a long weekend - cleared customs in Split around 2pm 19th Nov and left her in her new berth in Pula on 21st Nov. We didn't sail right through - had an overnight stop in Mali Losinj.

I would have put the total distance at closer to 200 nm ? ... where did you get 275?

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
I am sure that you dont have to quarantine yourself as a professional on a job, unless you spend time with the locals or something, you stay isolated on the boat. It seems like you know your way around croatian waters. Please, if you reconsider Id love to hear from you.
I didn't realise that you were looking for a professional skipper but thought you were looking for someone with private experience to move your boat. If you want a professional, contact Halcyon Yacht Delivery who often post on here.

As far as we private skippers are concerned, if we board a boat in Split we would have to quarantine upon return to the UK. Italy is currently not on the quarantine list but that doesn't help, although it would knock a couple of days off the quarantine period.

Richard

Baggywrinkle

Ammersee, Bavaria / Adriatic & Free to roam Europe
Visit site
Hello, the job is still out there. We need someone to help out asap.

Split is in the Split-Dalmatien region of Croatia - which was put on the RKI list of corona risk areas on 20th August - as Richard said, anyone boarding a boat there would be subject to quarantine on their return.
You will not be allowed into Italy from Croatia without undergoing a Corona test ...

Go through the Italy specific questionnaire (link below) with Croatia as a visited country and you get the following advice ...

Based on your answers, you can enter Italy for any reason. You must fill out a self-declaration and prove that you have undergone a molecular or antigenic test, carried out by means of a swab, with negative result, within 72 hours prior to entering Italy (if you are entering Italy from France, read carefully the relevant note*).

Alternatively, you must undergo a molecular or antigenic test, by means of a swab, upon arrival at the airport, port or border location, where possible, or within 48 hours after you entered Italy. While waiting to undergo the test at the Local Health Authority, you must out yourself into fiduciary isolation (self-isolation) at your home or residence. As soon as you enter the national territory, you must inform your Local Health Authority of reference.

For specific information related to your case, continue reading.

COVID-19 SURVEY

Re-open EU

Might explain the lack of applicants.

DangerousPirate

Visit site
Split is in the Split-Dalmatien region of Croatia - which was put on the RKI list of corona risk areas on 20th August - as Richard said, anyone boarding a boat there would be subject to quarantine on their return.
You will not be allowed into Italy from Croatia without undergoing a Corona test ...

Go through the Italy specific questionnaire (link below) with Croatia as a visited country and you get the following advice ...

COVID-19 SURVEY

Re-open EU

Might explain the lack of applicants.

Maybe a lot of people are unsure with the current situatoon but your post will help with that a lot.

Id also be very happy if someone has a contact in italy/croatia as that would make things easier with the quarantine.

Sea-Fever

Visit site
With respect, I also think people might be wary of an offer like this from someone they dont know, on a boat they don't know, for a reason they haven't been given.

I'm sure it's legit but that's not immediately discernable from the original post. Just an observation.

Jazmi

Visit site
Hello,
I need an experienced skipper to deliver that boat roughly about this or next month. Its out of season so no one expects a same day delivery but it should be a relatively short sail. You would start in Split, Croatia, and your destination would be Trieste in Italy. Its about 275nm.

If youre up for the Job please send me a PM and we can discuss this further.

Regards,
DangerousPirate

PM me please.
I live in Croatia and could do the transfer.