Skipper wanted, Greece to Portugal mid July

N1mp70

Visit site
I'm looking for a skipper to join me on a 33ft (10m) sailboat I'm buying in Greece and I have to bring to Portugal in mid July 2020.
I can't offer payment, but I will cover expenses, including food, flights, beer, etc.
I'll be onboard and eager to learn from you. I work hard and I have RYA day skipper and ICC (and VHF) certifications.
I expect the trip will take 2.5 weeks and I'd like to set off on or close to the 20th of July.
If you have some time in your hands and fancy a 'holiday' across the med this summer, give me a shout.

Thanks!

N1mp70

Visit site
Sorry, as I was posting my first message I didn't realise it needed to be approved, so I assumed it had been lost in the ether. I subsequently posted a duplicate.
Please respond to either, I'll watch both.

Corsaire

Visit site
Sorry, as I was posting my first message I didn't realise it needed to be approved, so I assumed it had been lost in the ether. I subsequently posted a duplicate.
Please respond to either, I'll watch both.
Hi, do you have any more details on the boat etc?

[163233]

Visit site
I expect the trip will take 2.5 weeks and I'd like to set off on or close to the 20th of July.
Ionion to Porto is about 1800nm so you're looking at 15 days non-stop at an optimistic 5 knots.
You might want to plan for a longer trip just in case as 18 days will be a challenge.

N1mp70

Visit site
Ionion to Porto is about 1800nm so you're looking at 15 days non-stop at an optimistic 5 knots.
You might want to plan for a longer trip just in case as 18 days will be a challenge.
Hi,
Yep, I'm really in no rush. If it takes 4 weeks I'm okay with that.
It'll be a nice trip at this time of the year, and I'm hoping that whoever does it with me comes with a view to having an enjoyable voyage, rather than a neck breaking delivery.

Sharky34

Visit site
Hi,
Yep, I'm really in no rush. If it takes 4 weeks I'm okay with that.
It'll be a nice trip at this time of the year, and I'm hoping that whoever does it with me comes with a view to having an enjoyable voyage, rather than a neck breaking delivery.
Do they have to be virus free tested?

N1mp70

Visit site
Do they have to be virus free tested?
No. I'm waiting to see what Greece does to open its borders further on the 1st July, but it seems the most impact it could have is having to be quarantined for a day while test results come back after arrival in Athens (or other airport). Of course if it's a positive result, then two weeks quarantine would follow.

Captain Bru

Visit site
Hi there.
I am interested in joining you to help sail. I probabl have similar experience to you but would really appreciate the opportunity to sail and build my miles.
If you still have space aboard please let me know and we can see if it works out.
Fair winds
Bru

I'm looking for a skipper to join me on a 33ft (10m) sailboat I'm buying in Greece and I have to bring to Portugal in mid July 2020.
I can't offer payment, but I will cover expenses, including food, flights, beer, etc.
I'll be onboard and eager to learn from you. I work hard and I have RYA day skipper and ICC (and VHF) certifications.
If you have some time in your hands and fancy a 'holiday' across the med this summer, give me a shout.

Thanks!