Situation in the Solent

Mudisox

Visit site
Upper Dart full of paddle boarders. Don't even ask about the cars in the Town. 2 mile tail back incoming from the West.

burgundyben

Visit site
I feel we are 2 long for the town quay to raft up -Gosport high street is best viewed on a Saturday morning when it has a certain primitive charm with the traders,one of which sells plants in case you have forgotten a present etc . I am afraid I have missed out on delights of the conservative clubs on island but maybe you will bump into councillor Dave languishing there trying to make amends ,now the electorate have delivered his just reward for the chain ferry farce . Haslar is course most welcoming but do book the lightship in advance if you need to eat out. New staff just joined I gather formerly at a pub near hardway.
Poole town quays facilities leaves much to be desired for the price but the display of cars bikes etc on quay in summer provides local interest. Yarmouth is probably fully booked by now depending on your dates. The other place to try if you book ahead is Bembridge but just don’t mention the ongoing property development dispute which trundles on to judicial review I believe.

I think it was the proposed motorcycle race that did it.

He was my councillor and I thought he worked very hard at it.

Switch

Visit site
I'm based in Gosport Premier Marina - I called the Lightship on Sunday late PM for and early evening booking fully expecting to be told they were fully booked. They had plenty of room. We had a walk around Haslar Marina after dinner. I was amazed how quiet it was. Hardly anyone about on a sunny bank holiday weekend. Weird.

xcw

Visit site
I'm based in Gosport Premier Marina - I called the Lightship on Sunday late PM for and early evening booking fully expecting to be told they were fully booked. They had plenty of room. We had a walk around Haslar Marina after dinner. I was amazed how quiet it was. Hardly anyone about on a sunny bank holiday weekend. Weird.
I think you will find that many people who keep their boats in Haslar go away for the weekend rather than stay in the marina - me included. It was certainly busy on Friday evening and also Monday afternoon with boats coming back into their home berths.

Stemar

Visit site
I was introduced into Gossie’s charms by my Coastal Skipper instructor, an ex CPO, who always ensured his courses ended up at Haslar for Thursday evening. The sights and sounds were something that this simple valley boy had never seen before and thankfully, never since.
Thursday's tame. The wildlife at closing time on a Saturday night can sear the eyeballs at 30 paces ?

st599

Visit site
Emma's "nightclub" is worth a visit. Went in on a stag do once. Had to borrow a wheelbarrow to take the stag home. Then had to go to the dockyard gate the next morning as his wedding uniform had lots of extraneous items that we civvies were not familiar with and needed a professional to fit. Stag not being in fit state to stand up, let alone get dressed

rotrax

South Oxon, Littlehampton and Wellington, NZ.
Visit site
Thursday's tame. The wildlife at closing time on a Saturday night can sear the eyeballs at 30 paces ?

I'll drink to that!

I said to a particularly curvacatious young thing walking back from Hornet one Saturday night " That's a nice dress you are nearly wearing! "

She had the grace to giggle and wiggle her shapely bum a bit harder. I got a dig in the kidney's from First Mate................... ;)