Single Handed Azores Rally 2008 - Boats excluded from the Jester Chall

sanna_dhu

Visit site
There seems to be much discussion on the threads about who can and can not enter the Jester Challenge. I respect that the Challenge is what it is (20'-30' plus by invitation) and perhaps it should stay that way.

I am looking to complete a solo trip to the Azores next year as my first long distance sail, and whilst I have asked if I may be included in the challenge (I have a 42' boat) or be simply allowed to accompany the fleet as a non-race participant I understand that this may not be possible.

To this end, if this becomes the case, would anyone out there like to join an alternative single handed venture to the Azores for bigger boats?

Post your interest on this thread.

bumblefish

Visit site
Re: Single Handed Azores Rally 2008 - Boats excluded from the Jester C

I would suggest that if you did join the 'group' at the start you would have to reduce sail to keep down with most of the fleet or arrive several days earlier!

sanna_dhu

Visit site
Re: Single Handed Azores Rally 2008 - Boats excluded from the Jester C

Bumble, very observant! My intention was to leave after the fleet (having been with them to enjoy their departure) so as to arrive amongst them.

I made a similar reply to your post this morning but it does not seem to have been posted, so you might see this twice!

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
Very interested, but it would have to be 2009 so I can save for all the work I need to do to Snow Petrel to be comfortable a long way offshore. Life raft, storm sails, new main and boom.....not to mention unpaid leave-of-absence /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif