• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

IN ADDITION it seems that conspiracy theories are finding their way onto the forum. This is not the place for such content. Users who post it may find their access limited or permanently suspended. Please leave it where you find it.

SIBS Beer

CPD

Does anyone fancy meeting for a beer at the Southampton show, or is this being organised anyway ?

bumblefish

Can we go straight for the beer, I will buy, it will cost me less if I can avoid the stalls!

airborne1

Hi all, Would anyone fancy setting a time and bar to allow others, such as myself, interested in doing a JC to meet up at the SIBS. Totally informal just like the JC itself.
Hopefully my boat will be in the water and I will have sailed down towards Soton so will definitely be going to it.

jesterchallenger

Only time I could make would be the first Sunday (16th) - I always avoid the last weekend as it's too busy and the traffic home is awful. Same applies to the Excel boat show next January. Be good to meet a few of the other Challengers before the start although I plan to be in Plymouth a few days in advance, so if all else fails, it'll have to be then.

Hi Alan

I'll be there, and it would be good to meet you - and any other Jesters - at some stage. Always enjoy your posts on the forum. The magazine stands have been redesigned for this years Southampton Boat Show, so PBO will be merged in a large stand with all the other titles, much as it was in London (ExCel) last year. I'm not sure how many days I'll be there this year ( the joys of deadlines) but do please drop me an email and we'll go and find a beer from those steely eyed Guinness people.

Incidentally, I'm having some PM troubles. I can receive them, but my replies seem to go astray. My work email is: jake_kavanagh@ipcmedia.com.

See you there!