Ship Happens

clyst

Visit site
I can't watch this utter rubbish anymore ! In this weeks episode we are subjected to the woman showing us how to peen boat nails thumping the nail holding the hammer two handed then strangely holding the shaft with one hand and the flat end of hammer head with the other . It's passed being funny anymore it's sheer stupidity now .

38mess

Visit site
Are they going to give up on the boat? There was a live public announcement yesterday on YouTube, I got bored after 20 seconds so I don't know the outcome, anyone?

clyst

Visit site
Are they going to give up on the boat? There was a live public announcement yesterday on YouTube, I got bored after 20 seconds so I don't know the outcome, anyone?
Iv just had a quick look and like you just couldn't stick it after a few second but I got up to the painting schedule . (Her continual giggling just get on me wotsits. ) Sadly I don't think they are giving up on the boat .

Caer Urfa

groups.yahoo.com
Iv just had a quick look and like you just couldn't stick it after a few second but I got up to the painting schedule . (Her continual giggling just get on me wotsits. ) Sadly I don't think they are giving up on the boat .

Ah you missed the best part Ryobi sent them a load of free new power drills, saws, battery chargers etc but they were surprised!
Then I watched in Disbelieve all the idiots sending them money during their talk (or plea) and that was in one hour so think how much they get sent weekly plus all the freebies :)

There initial £6500 investment is turning out to be a gold mine :unsure:

clyst

Visit site
Ah you missed the best part Ryobi sent them a load of free new power drills, saws, battery chargers etc but they were surprised!
Then I watched in Disbelieve all the idiots sending them money during their talk (or plea) and that was in one hour so think how much they get sent weekly plus all the freebies :)

There initial £6500 investment is turning out to be a gold mine :unsure:
Wait till the environmental brigade get wind of what they are doing to the mudflats their investment won't be such a goldmine ?

Birdseye

Visit site
Well I emailed this morning, no response. I guess they are busy chasing dreams ?
Sailing attracts a lot of romatics and not just the wooden boat types. There are lots of round the worlders who never make it past the canaries of the windies. In every creek and backwater round the UK there are dreamers doing up some sort of old boat and just occasionally one of them succeeds and sails off into the sunset. The likes of Shane Acton for example.

Personally I prefer to read the books they write in the comfort of an armchair. Same place where I fought the Iraq war and where I run the economy.

clyst

Visit site
When will t hese idiots learn ?? They have just released a short vid about making battery boxes then sand blasting them in the open air without masks or ear defenders . Gawd knows what other dangerous habits the kids are picking up ..

UK-WOOZY

Visit site
When will t hese idiots learn ?? They have just released a short vid about making battery boxes then sand blasting them in the open air without masks or ear defenders . Gawd knows what other dangerous habits the kids are picking up ..

and compressed air spray painting them after again with no masks, they will have sinus or lung issues in a couple of years

38mess

Visit site
Just watched a bit of the latest video.
I don't really understand what he is trying to do, maybe I missed something. Will digging drainage channels in tidal mud help take water away when the tide is out? I thought they would just fill back up with mud. Nice new set of new Ryobi tools they have

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
Just watched a bit of the latest video.
I don't really understand what he is trying to do, maybe I missed something. Will digging drainage channels in tidal mud help take water away when the tide is out? I thought they would just fill back up with mud. Nice new set of new Ryobi tools they have
It depends on the composition of the mud. It probably won't work for mud with a high clay fraction, but silty mud with a largish grain size could benefit. But all it'll do is reduce the amount of water retained in the mud. At worst, digging might liquidise the mud - you can see the effect on a beach, where wiggling your toes in a place recently uncovered by the tide makes the sand flow like a liquid. If it does that, you won't be able to see where he was digging after the next tide.

clyst

Visit site
Why don't they just stick to one job at a time and actually finish something instead of jumping from one project to another ? ........ One thing positive about the digging vid it does show relatively close up the amount of rot in the hulk.

Caer Urfa

groups.yahoo.com
Well Sunday give the chance to watch another episode of either 'Vigil' or 'Ship Happens' but the later is more of a comedy show
In the latest painting party video I think they need a bigger 'Force Four' Chandler sign :)

Sadly Ship Happens is becoming a comedy program BUT a very lucrative one, they both have skills but wish they kept to building camper vans, however where else can you get idiots sending you money daily and getting free paint, drills,dinghies and you can have your own 'wish list' so people know what to send you free , the list goes on.

38mess

Visit site
I emailed them twice on their website and rang and left an answerphone message to find out more about renovation of a campervan a few weeks ago, which seems to be their main bread and butter, and they seem pretty good at it.... still no reply.? Maybe this boat lark is more lucrative

Restoration man

Visit site
Ok everyone on here seems to be constantly knocking them , and saying there doing crap job or there doing it wrong etc ,but you know what ,”everyone “is taking about them ????, i think there might be a bit jealousy going on ???, I for one think it’s fantastic business plan and any uk based show about boats is good in my eyes , I wish people would send me tools free in the post , but then I’ve not got time to set up camera to film me fixing my boat and then spend hours editing it , I’m surprised they have done as much as they have , ok they might be a bit annoying but I quite like watching it, beats watching grand designs with people with mega budgets, I wouldn't be surprised if channel 4 don’t snap them up , guy Martin got onto tv by doing a program about a narrow bait called “the boat that guy built”ok it wasn’t the best show but look at him now ,

clyst

Visit site
Ok everyone on here seems to be constantly knocking them , and saying there doing crap job or there doing it wrong etc ,but you know what ,”everyone “is taking about them ????, i think there might be a bit jealousy going on ???, I for one think it’s fantastic business plan and any uk based show about boats is good in my eyes , I wish people would send me tools free in the post , but then I’ve not got time to set up camera to film me fixing my boat and then spend hours editing it , I’m surprised they have done as much as they have , ok they might be a bit annoying but I quite like watching it, beats watching grand designs with people with mega budgets, I wouldn't be surprised if channel 4 don’t snap them up , guy Martin got onto tv by doing a program about a narrow bait called “the boat that guy built”ok it wasn’t the best show but look at him now ,
God help us if they get on the television .