Ship Happens

38mess

Visit site
Just to balance some of the ange frustration ? here, it's very unlikely that they make anything from people merely viewing their channel.

YouTube pay a pittance if someone watches an ad all the way through. I think it averages around £4 per MILLION views. I know of some very successful YouTubers who tell their followers not to bother watching the ads as the annoyance caused by doing so isn't balanced by the income received.

Most YouTubers earn money through Patreon (and I don't have a problem with that ... it's voluntary) or by being influencers or affiliated to products.

Another way is selling merchandise but again that's a personal choice ... strange if the channel is so crepe.

The Amazon wish list is obviously another way but are they receiving gifts that they don't use? In that case, yes, the contributors are mugs.
No anger from me.
Just frustrated that a promising channel hopefully showing us some useful footage of this little ship being refurbished has come to nothing in the long months that they have been uploading.

I know exactly how the demographics of earning money on YouTube work.

These guys are just stringing people along earning a few bucks messing about giggling mostly.
If they were serious about rebuilding this boat they would have got it out of the water straight away. Also working on the boat on weekends won't put a dent in it, especially in tidal waters.

Reactions: XDC

clyst

Visit site
Just to balance some of the ange frustration ? here, it's very unlikely that they make anything from people merely viewing their channel.

YouTube pay a pittance if someone watches an ad all the way through. I think it averages around £4 per MILLION views. I know of some very successful YouTubers who tell their followers not to bother watching the ads as the annoyance caused by doing so isn't balanced by the income received.

Most YouTubers earn money through Patreon (and I don't have a problem with that ... it's voluntary) or by being influencers or affiliated to products.

Another way is selling merchandise but again that's a personal choice ... strange if the channel is so crepe.

The Amazon wish list is obviously another way but are they receiving gifts that they don't use? In that case, yes, the contributors are mugs.
???

Reactions: XDC

Wansworth

Visit site
On their Q and A they were prattling on about rescuing an historic boat etc and they did say they were going to get it ashore and have a survey but after they deem it seaworthy to move safely.

Rappey

Visit site
If they were serious about rebuilding this boat they would have got it out of the water straight away
Yes and no. There is a lot they can do while it sits in a very cheap mud berth.
Once it's out the water it certainly won't be going back in for a very long time and the monthly cost would be a lot .
It is possible it's not structurally strong enough to be hauled out.
It's also possible no yard will accept the boat in such a poor state as they don't want to be lumbered with a 72ft abandoned vessel.
You get a project of this size and you will spend a lot of time scratching around just absorbing every part of the boat and slowly formulating a plan of attack .
Next video looks to be inserting a rib and riveting. Let's see how that goes.

clyst

Visit site
Just seen this weeks video ............ is this the beginning of the end for the restoration of "shippy' ? ....... I don't see the reason for the indepth revelation of her medical conditions other than to gain sympathy . Dont get me wrong her condition is quite painful and debilitating and I sympathise with her but to broadcast it on a you tube video ? Call me an old cynic if you like but I think they now realise just how much work is in the boat ........ (her expression on her face whilst outside holding the club hammer in the mud said it all.).... and the path is being paved for a poor me withdrawal from the project . BTW someone please tell her how to hold a hammer ! ?

clyst

Visit site
On their Q and A they were prattling on about rescuing an historic boat etc and they did say they were going to get it ashore and have a survey but after they deem it seaworthy to move safely.

Thing is....... A . ....they do not have sufficient marine experience to determine its seaworthy and B ..... the boat needs to be ashore to determine its below waterline condition . It seems to be a catch 22 situation .

clyst

Visit site
Looks like that's the end of woodworking for a bit ....interests now being diverted to the hull exterior....... painting working party being organised for July 3rd if anyone is interested..

DownWest

Visit site
Looks like that's the end of woodworking for a bit ....interests now being diverted to the hull exterior....... painting working party being organised for July 3rd if anyone is interested..
Painting what? Wast of paint untill the thing is in far better condition. Somehow doubt that.

Caer Urfa

groups.yahoo.com
I was hoping things might improve after watching the gas cooker build episode and never thought this could get worse, last week in between more giggling they replaced the first wood frame and cut it too short with probably dozens to still to replace, and then decided to have another so call competition to count old copper nails for the gullible patrons.

Then this weeks paint removal session was like a mickey mouse cartoon with the jet wash water pressure worse than a house tap, then paint scrappers straight out of Asda normally used for removing wall paper.

Whats the bet they paint over everything next week :)

I am 100% sure Leo from rebuilding 'Tally Ho' project must watch every episode as pure entertainment

Wansworth

Visit site
Certainly making a play for Patreons through his mother but what is the point of painting even Dulux or distemper costs money and what about the rebuild.I can certainly see it proped up in a mud berth and used as a holiday week end retreat,places like Littlehampton had a good few on the West Bank mud Berths after the war .

38mess

Visit site
So are they going to replace all the rotten and broken Frames? They replaced one and realised there was plenty more to replace, got bored probably, now they are painting. It's just silly now, using those scrapers.

clyst

Visit site
So are they going to replace all the rotten and broken Frames? They replaced one and realised there was plenty more to replace, got bored probably, now they are painting. It's just silly now, using those scraper

[/QUOTE

Silly isn't the word for it ......... It's gone past silly , they have bits of deck and roof missing letting in water and as you say now scraping and painting the hull . Autumn and then winter is just around the corner and the rain will still be pouring in .

Rappey

Visit site
Painting the hull with an aluminium or similar primer cant be a bad thing though? Powerwashing the teak hull to remove paint- that is a a sure way to destroy it.