Ship Happens

Restoration man

Visit site
Am I still the only person on this forum who enjoys watching them?
?

I also enjoy watching it , if people want to send them money and tools etc I really don’t see the harm it’s there choice , I take my hat off to them ,it’s hard enough doing jobs on your boat without having to set up a camera and then spend hours editing it all ,I’m no Shipwright but the work on the stringers and frames seems good to me ,

Wansworth

Visit site
Probably many people are negative as the project seems arse about face as regards checking out the bottom etc.As a weekend retreat it has future but just paying for the fuel seems a dream too far

clyst

Visit site
I also enjoy watching it , if people want to send them money and tools etc I really don’t see the harm it’s there choice , I take my hat off to them ,it’s hard enough doing jobs on your boat without having to set up a camera and then spend hours editing it all ,I’m no Shipwright but the work on the stringers and frames seems good to me ,
......... except all the scarfed joints are 90° out . Any surveyor worth his salt will Condemn them ...... but I doubt if the refit gets that far.

clyst

Visit site
Just had a quick look at this weeks video which is a boat tour . Apparently it appears that the boat has two fuel tanks ,one of which is calculated to have a capacity of 400 ltrs the other although not calculated but stands approx 6ft tall !! .......... so I quess to fill the tanks would cost some £6000 + ......... I wonder how many ltrs per hour the two engines gulp . ....... dont get me started on that bloody fwd facing pigtail! ?

38mess

Visit site
Just had a quick look at this weeks video which is a boat tour . Apparently it appears that the boat has two fuel tanks ,one of which is calculated to have a capacity of 400 ltrs the other although not calculated but stands approx 6ft tall !! .......... so I quess to fill the tanks would cost some £6000 + ......... I wonder how many ltrs per hour the two engines gulp . ....... dont get me started on that bloody fwd facing pigtail! ?
For someone who haven't got the time of day for these charlatans you certainly seem to watch their videos pretty regularly ?

clyst

Visit site
Ha ha ......yea its a b*gger i was weaned off it for weeks and Im trying hard not to look in because I know nothing will have changed ...... guess I'm just waiting for the train crash . Do I need to get out more do you think ? ??

Solostoke

Visit site
After seeing this thread I've watched about 20mins of the channel and can't believe all of the positive comments! People are actively trying to throw money at them. If they can't afford to work on it now how do they ever expect to keep it and to fuel it?

Wansworth

Visit site
T
After seeing this thread I've watched about 20mins of the channel and can't believe all of the positive comments! People are actively trying to throw money at them. If they can't afford to work on it now how do they ever expect to keep it and to fuel it?
the other YouTube boat Seeker has just been launched and they are asking for money for fuel there seem to be quite a few boating channels all needing cash inputs must be a headache thinking up content to keep the viewers

clyst

Visit site
At their current speed of work im not sure they will ever get close to finishing it.
I'm not familiar with the area but from glimpses of it in their vids I wouldn't be surprise if the environmental bods don't get the unseaworthy boats removed from the area . The whole area looks pretty well rundown and an ecological disaster .