Ship Happens

Caer Urfa

groups.yahoo.com
How do they do it, :) just when you think things can not get worse they now have a third video channel using the little girl, first 'Ship Happens' then they buy a '40' container' to build a house in and now they have the little girls channel to so called renovate a free mirror sailing dinghy (not that anyone knows anything about it) and run a business.!

Stand buy Hempel paints as they are running out of free paint but don't worry someone will send them some more along with anything else they technically don't ask for but just happen to mention it ;)

clyst

Visit site
You know they don't like spending their own money ........ the Mirror was a gift .. I guess the donor couldn't believe his luck when they accepted it . It saved him a box of matches .? . they must be absolutely mad ,urged on by the gullible

clyst

Visit site
Interesting the the son who I think is older than the girl is keeping we out of it……
He seems to be the most sensible one out of the lot . I wonder who's going to teach the girl to sail . I expect mother will be favourite. ?

clyst

Visit site
Which makes them hinting at needing tools a bit odd. and would make a much more interesting video?
Maybe the camper business is not all theirs........ maybe they are sole employees building to business owners specs . ........ just a thought . Something about this family just doesn't add up . If you own a successful business why would you not divert all your energy in that rather than get out of your depth trying to restore something that you have little knowledge of ?

DownWest

Visit site
Maybe the camper business is not all theirs........ maybe they are sole employees building to business owners specs . ........ just a thought . Something about this family just doesn't add up . If you own a successful business why would you not divert all your energy in that rather than get out of your depth trying to restore something that you have little knowledge of ?
The lure of being web celeb?

Rappey

Visit site
You can't fault their camper van conversions. It looks like what you expect from a mainstream manufacturer. Very professional looking work.
I wonder how long it takes them to do a van ?
I would think they would be very capable of fitting out a modern yacht interior.
A wooden boat that is also needing restoration is a major task and at the current speed of work it will deteriorate faster than it is restored.

38mess

Visit site
I have just checked out the website, they look very capable. Mrs 38 mess and my 6 year old son have shown an interest in a campervan holiday this summer, we went camping instead. Just wondering how much it would be to convert a decent VW van. I guess I should contact them for a ball park figure.

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
I have just checked out the website, they look very capable. Mrs 38 mess and my 6 year old son have shown an interest in a campervan holiday this summer, we went camping instead. Just wondering how much it would be to convert a decent VW van. I guess I should contact them for a ball park figure.
Based on our experience, admittedly about three years back, about £15k to have an existing T5 panel van converted (insulation throughout, windows in the back, pop up roof, rock & roll bed, mains plug in and galley (including cooker, sink and fridge) but no heating or solar, though they could be added. Also no loo/shower - there's really not enough room, but we have a loo tent and porta potti. Prices are at a premium atm, as already mentioned, because everyone wants a staycation. We reckon our van is worth more than we paid for it, even though the basis is an 06 van with 120k on the clock (just about run in for a VW turbodiesel :)) Like boating, don't add up the bills and/or work out a cost per mile, just enjoy the fun....

Other threads that may be of interest