Sextant

Humblebee

Visit site
Might give astronavigation a try now the sailing season is past. Has anyone got an inexpensive sextant they no longer need?
Lot of good articles on Youtube and I have Mary Blewitt's book for starters so that should keep me occupied through the winter months.
Thanks!

Gary Fox

N/A
Visit site
A Freiberger yacht sextant, immaculate in box, is taking up space. I have carelessly ended up with two identical ones. Would sell for what it owes me, £220.

Humblebee

Visit site
Thanks Gary, I know the Freiberger sextants are top quality but yours is out of my price range. Sounds like SpiderMoobs is interested so I hope your sale goes through.
Thanks for the offer,
Chris

Sandy

Visit site
Might give astronavigation a try now the sailing season is past. Has anyone got an inexpensive sextant they no longer need?
Lot of good articles on Youtube and I have Mary Blewitt's book for starters so that should keep me occupied through the winter months.
Thanks!
Unless you want to enjoy Dickensian language and pure mathematics I'd give Blewitt a miss.

I found Celestial Navigation: A Complete Home Study Course, Second Edition: Amazon.co.uk: Burch, David, Burch, Tobias: 9780914025467: Books explained it simply.

bristoljim

Visit site
Thanks!
You have a PM Jim

Humblebee

Visit site

Humblebee

Visit site
I learnt celestial navigation over the first lockdown, couldn't get it to click so to speak with books or some of the shorter youtube videos.

Highly recommended you invest the time watching these.

Thanks Yellow Ballad, I've been watching his videos on Youtube and found him the easiest to understand. About half way through the second part and enjoying it very much.