Semi-D 'Trawler' style boats, 45' or thereabouts...

Solent Sailor

Visit site
Can't see that its been mentioned before, but the SeaRanger 448/48/50 (practically all the same boat, just evolutions) would fit all of the requirements, with the only exception possibly being age - the only boat to fit the 15 year criteria (built 2007, launched 2009) has just sold as I understand it (I was sorely tempted to trade up myself). Engine-wise, I think all are on Volvos - but for the price of them compared to a Hardy, you could afford to re-engine whatever you bought and still have plenty left over. They offer remarkable value for what you get.

When we were looking, some three+ years ago, we were determined not to buy a boat earlier than c. 2008. Then we saw what the SeaRanger could offer and didn't hesitate to buy hull #1, built 1997. Comparing it to other boats of a similar age (and into the early 2000s) she has aged much better. We've been truly delighted with her.

Just returned from a trip to Scilly and Cornwall - a wonderful boat to explore with.

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
Can't see that its been mentioned before, but the SeaRanger 448/48/50 (practically all the same boat, just evolutions) would fit all of the requirements, with the only exception possibly being age - the only boat to fit the 15 year criteria (built 2007, launched 2009) has just sold as I understand it (I was sorely tempted to trade up myself). Engine-wise, I think all are on Volvos - but for the price of them compared to a Hardy, you could afford to re-engine whatever you bought and still have plenty left over. They offer remarkable value for what you get.

When we were looking, some three+ years ago, we were determined not to buy a boat earlier than c. 2008. Then we saw what the SeaRanger could offer and didn't hesitate to buy hull #1, built 1997. Comparing it to other boats of a similar age (and into the early 2000s) she has aged much better. We've been truly delighted with her.

Just returned from a trip to Scilly and Cornwall - a wonderful boat to explore with.
Yes I like them too and I'm a member of the FB group. :)

wawando

Visit site
@Scala look at those fender lockers! 10 aside no problem ?
7244572_20191009211431170_1_XLARGE.jpg
There are more storage for fender on the side at the Magellano 53.
I was in a similar situation a few months ago: why 30 knots if never go at that speed?
So i wanted a stylish trawler on the 50 ish range.
Magellano 53 was the obvious choice but ended up going for another route.
Visited several magellano 53 and a 50. Between these two, go for 53. The 50 had some problem no one is clear about, it was quickly replaced by 53.
Magellano 53 good points: super spacious cockpit and bow space. Finishing look is quite distintive, it is really more cosy and good looking. 5 bedrooms.
The down sides: master and vio cabins are top but other bedrooms are small, crew cabin is ridiculous. Humidity/hea lt unglues the otherwise nice looking ceiling and wall tissues (on the two 53 and the 50 i visited)
It is a heady boat and stabilizers make all the sense, for us it was mandatory. That adds maintenance costs and for example the mag 50 i visited had both fin stabilizers and seakeeper and none of them was working(!). Another minus point is storage, specially at the kitchen. You can use one of the bedrooms as storage room, it is huge and prepared for it but it is downstairs.
So at the end we opted for a power catamaran (Nautitech 47 in my avatar) mainly for two reasons: space and stability at anchor. There is also a huge fuel saving but as you said that is diluted in the total boat cost and the berth cost will be almost the same specially if you add the electronics maintenance cost of the mag 53.
Good luck and keep us posted about your trawler hunt!

ShaneAtSea

Visit site
North Pacific Yachts 49 Euro Pilothouse (2021)

Access to the 49 Euro Pilothouse’s bow area is via stairs outboard of the pilothouse on each side. The side decks rise at a slight incline as we walked forward and the rails are 3’ (.91 m) tall, far exceeding the 2’ (.61 m) called for by the American Boat and Yacht Council standards. Forward, there’s a two-person lounge with a fold-down backrest.

ShaneAtSea

Visit site
Summit 54 Yacht Walkthrough

This modern motor yacht is brought to you by Kadey-Krogen Yachts. They are known for their premium long distance trawler yachts with classic yet elegant designs. This yacht has quality finishes and features throughout!

Other threads that may be of interest