Semi-D 'Trawler' style boats, 45' or thereabouts...

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
As summer's here and it's boat show season (kinda), I thought I'd liven things up a bit and start a new thread about something to do with fenders (a bit).

Many people (in fact, almost everyone remaining on the earth) knows that I have trouble stowing my fenders on my current m/boat when they're not in use. So I thought I'd see what might suit as a replacement when the time comes for an upgrade.

Semi-D is appealing, I never go very far and never at WOT, so a bit more space and a slower pace might be fine.

@MapisM kindly suggested elsewhere that the Azimut Magellano was worth a look. Never heard of it let alone seen one in the flesh but suitably motivated I went and had a look online, read reviews and of course watched some Aquaholic videos... :) . but I like what I see on paper (screen). Hoping to get to see the Magellano 53 at Swanwick next week.

So that led me to thinking, what else is out there that is kinda-like this. Beneteau Swift Trawler for sure. What else. Not a lot it seems.

Semi-D, so-called "trawler" style
About 45', plus or minus a bit
A sizeable lazarette or cockpit lockers
Two good cabins essential, a third one a good bonus
Two heads
Sociable cockpit at pontoon level (so not an aft cabin)
Galley up
Deck saloon with patio doors
Flybridge optional
Shafts
Cummins, Cats (or MANs, not likely in this size)
Modern look and feel, not trad converted fishing boat (or an actual trawler for that matter)
Preferably under 15 years old.

Short/Long list ignoring any kind of budget (that's what Man Maths is for) so far is
  • Magellano 43, 50, 53
  • Beneteau Swift 44, 47, 50, 52
  • Cranchi 43 Eco
Ideas welcome. I'm not looking for specific boats for sale - this is about what models might be worth a look.

Last edited:

penfold

Visit site
Do trawler yachts have more space for fenders? Or are you hankering for an ex-pilot boat with lovely rubber D-section on the side so you never have to have dangly fenders ever again?

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
Do trawler yachts have more space for fenders? Or are you hankering for an ex-pilot boat with lovely rubber D-section on the side so you never have to have dangly fenders ever again?
Well, the lazarette is one possible solution. Not really. It's just a style I;d not looked into before. We want a modern look and feel, not trad converted fishing boat (or an actual trawler for that matter)

ShaneAtSea

Visit site
As summer's here and it's boat show season (kinda), I thought I'd liven things up a bit and start a new thread about something to do with fenders (a bit).

Many people (in fact, almost everyone remaining on the earth) knows that I have trouble stowing my fenders on my current m/boat when they're not in use. So I thought I'd see what might suit as a replacement when the time comes for an upgrade.

Semi-D is appealing, I never go very far and never at WOT, so a bit more space and a slower pace might be fine.

@MapisM kindly suggested elsewhere that the Azimut Magellano was worth a look. Never heard of it let alone seen one in the flesh but suitably motivated I went and had a look online, read reviews and of course watched some Aquaholic videos... :) . but I like what I see on paper (screen). Hoping to get to see the Magellano 53 at Swanwick next week.

So that led me to thinking, what else is out there that is kinda-like this. Beneteau Swift Trawler for sure. What else. Not a lot it seems.

Two heads
Galley up
Flybridge optional
Shafts
Modern look and feel, not trad converted fishing boat (or an actual trawler for that matter)

Short/Long list ignoring any kind of budget (that's what Man Maths is for) so far is
  • Magellano 43, 50, 53
  • Cranchi 43 Eco
Ideas welcome. I'm not looking for specific boats for sale - this is about what models might be worth a look.

Absolute Yachts – Navetta 48 – The Absolute Essence

N41 – Nordhavn Yachts

480 - Sundeck Yachts

AMERICAN TUG MODELS

(y)

Last edited:

Seastoke

Visit site
So you could have berth fenders , if you don’t go far, then you could have the inflatable fender that you inflate when returning or get swimbo to steer .

D

Deleted User YDKXO

What about the traditionally styled US/Taiwanese/Chinese SD boats? At 60ft or under

Fleming 55/58
Outer Reef 580/610
Grand Banks 54/60
Kadey Krogen Express 52
Marlow 49/53/58

Seastoke

Visit site

Two heads
Galley up
Flybridge optional
Shafts

• Magellano 43, 50, 53
  • Cranchi 43 Eco
You are looking at it wrong ,get a Yokohama then get a boat to suite.

Other threads that may be of interest