Selling boats in France

Star-Lord

Visit site
The TL2 was never worth the paper it was written on re vat on boat , it was Croatia who kicked up a stink although we did two years during that time in Croaita and was never asked about VAT.

Any country custom could reject anY letter , contract of a notaries stamp from another country if they really wanted to be a pain which is why I know of four boats at the moment looking into removing the red ensign as their flag ,
I'm also thinking of changing to Dutch as my partner is Dutch just waiting to hear if pants will except it.
Once I know and see how British boat are going to be seen as a third country boat ,
we made the decision then.
If you spend 90 days in EU and 90 days out then VAT and flags are not a problem surely?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
If you spend 90 days in EU and 90 days out then VAT and flags are not a problem surely?
Your right , for most british cruisers vat paided or not isn't really going to be a problem .
As you say they still have to leave the EU at some point .
I guess the ones it will effect are the once that want to keep their boat full time in the EU while them self depart leaving the boat behind